The Relegation Battle

The derby has lost its intensity imo. It used to be a far bigger deal back in the 90s with much bigger crowds. I'd like to see you lot spend a year or two in the seaside leagues to teach you some humility. However it's all irrelevant as you'll stay up now.

I agree but back then both teams had bigger supports. You say lacking intensity but if Saints and Morton were top 2 in the league, do you not think both grounds would be sell outs?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LargsTON said:

Yep. Only Hibs fans appear to be mainly cretins. Their cup win has went to their heads.

Honestly, I think for the most part, Saints are fairly humble (as you've said, WUMs aside*) - bear in mind the catastrophic few years we've had. There's no question you've landed one on us this season, it's just that the 4-1 has massively cushioned the blow (as long as we stay up).

Some of those Hibs fans are just plain fucking weird. :lol: It made your recent match thread with them fairly compulsive viewing. That diabolical guy is like their version of tetra. It's impossible to argue with a clinical idiot.

* When we were in the Prem, we were coming in for loads of hostility from Dundee fans at the start of the Tommy Craig season and I couldn't figure out why. I generally tend to stick to Saints threads. Turns out Lex had been making an idiot of himself (I was surprised as well) on Dundee threads all summer and they were just fighting back. Taking one moron as being representative of an entire group of fans is a very easy mistake to make on here.

Too many Hibees are purposefully on the wind up. It's alright when each club has a couple but there's about half a dozen of them who keep at it. It's quite funny when they get a bite on occasion but when they spend pages at it and no-one cares it's mind numbing.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

There's still a shit load of work to be done here. We could just as quickly slide back into a predicament a 7pm on Saturday where we're chasing rather that holding others off. With 3 games to go that's a place we must avoid at all costs. 

I think that is highly likely. Falkirk are the form team apart from us and will be very difficult. No surprise if we lose that. Given Dundee United are poor away and Morton aren't performing brilliantly, not that unlikely Ayr and Raith get 3 points this weekend. 

38 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I think that is highly likely. Falkirk are the form team apart from us and will be very difficult. No surprise if we lose that. Given Dundee United are poor away and Morton aren't performing brilliantly, not that unlikely Ayr and Raith get 3 points this weekend.

I fully expect Raith to beat Morton but an Ayr win would be a surprise. It's important the players don't get over confident as there is still plenty work to do. That said I fully expect us to put on a show it's just whether Falkirk might be that wee bit better on the day.  If both teams play to their recent form it should be an absolute cracker of a game.

If we somehow managed to beat Falkirk & the Arabs, to add to our recent wins over Morton, Hibs and DUFC, then we should be given wildcard entry into the promotion playoffs, IMO.

I'm liking the sound of that[emoji122][emoji209]

If the Saints players are feeling at all complacent (and I'm sure they won't be) they should think on this...

There's a chain of results that could see A DRAW with Raith guarantee our relegation with a game to go.

23 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

If the Saints players are feeling at all complacent (and I'm sure they won't be) they should think on this...

There's a chain of results that could see A DRAW with Raith guarantee our relegation with a game to go.

Perhaps, but that would require Ayr having back to back wins over United, Morton and Hibs. Odds on that must be pretty long.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Perhaps, but that would require Ayr having back to back wins over United, Morton and Hibs. Odds on that must be pretty long.

Indeed!

I'm not saying it will happen, just that despite all great recent results, and our good form, our actually position is still pretty perilous.

We need to make sure we don't take our foot of the gas until we are absolutely safe.

57 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Indeed!

I'm not saying it will happen, just that despite all great recent results, and our good form, our actually position is still pretty perilous.

We need to make sure we don't take our foot of the gas until we are absolutely safe.

Yeah, wins for Ayr, Dunfermline & Falkirk plus a draw at Raith would leave a 1 point spread between the bottom 4 teams - if that happened there'd be a run on brown trousers (in every sense)!

On 13/04/2017 at 11:54, Coventry Saint said:

If we somehow managed to beat Falkirk & the Arabs, to add to our recent wins over Morton, Hibs and DUFC, then we should be given wildcard entry into the promotion playoffs, IMO.

its always sunny in philadelphia wildcard bitches GIF

Wildcards are the best.

I'm just hoping Dumbarton (our bogey team) are safe by the final day. We'll likely be going there needing a result, so I'd rather they were in holiday mode. 

I'd very much like it if we were in holiday mode, but I really doubt if it'll be a possibility. We've got a lot of work to do to ensure our safety. You guys horsing St. Mirren tomorrow would greatly aid the situation though.

Archived