The Relegation Battle

So Fleming's tackle from behind didn't deserve a red but Docherty's not quite from behind tackle did even although Docherty didn't catch his man with either foot, good one.

Ooft, who's with the tinted specs now?

Anyways, we're detracting from a decent discussion about the relegation battle here which is sure to be interesting whatever happens. I think it's fair to leave it there agreeing to disagree, because I don't think we're close to being on the same page.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Anyways, we're detracting from a decent discussion about the relegation battle here which is sure to be interesting whatever happens. I think it's fair to leave it there agreeing to disagree, because I don't think we're close to being on the same page.

Which part have I viewed through tinted specs?

2 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

You're a fucking mess mate. Good idea trying to sneak out while you're behind.

I'll just clarify the 3-0 for you, we absolutely hammered you, your mob turned up for the last 10 minutes trailing 3-0, a thumping isn't and never will be a missed opportunity in my book.

I could make the very same argument about the 4-4 game as you're making about the 2-2 game.

Firstly, that's fair enough. It's not a missed opportunity in your book. But in my book, a home game, against a relegation rival, who I don't rate as a decent side having seen them twice since, and turning in our worst performance of the season when not on a bad run, is a missed opportunity.

Secondly, that's fair enough, I wouldn't argue with that. That's the way you look at the 4-4 game, and I look at the 2-2 game in a similar way but I too see that as a missed opportunity.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Well mainly the part where you're describing Docherty's and Fleming's challenges. 

Doc was nowhere near the man with his leading foot and never touched the man with his other foot, you'll be rolling out the 2-footed challenge crap that some of the cerebrally  challenged amongst your support were peddling on the match thread.

Doc was nowhere near the man with his leading foot and never touched the man with his other foot, you'll be rolling out the 2-footed challenge crap that some of the cerebrally  challenged amongst your support were peddling on the match thread.

If resulting to insults us your style, fair enough. I'll refrain from that though.

Although if by '2-footed challenge crap' you mean a two footed challenge that was dangerous and reckless, then ok. It was all of the above and a deserved sending off. Having just seen Fleming's again, it's nowhere near in the same category.

1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

If resulting to insults us your style, fair enough. I'll refrain from that though.

Although if by '2-footed challenge crap' you mean a two footed challenge that was dangerous and reckless, then ok. It was all of the above and a deserved sending off. Having just seen Fleming's again, it's nowhere near in the same category.

You can't have a two-footed challenge with the back foot trailing 2 feet behind the leading foot.

Fleming' is every bit as much a red card, Doc didn't go through his man to get the ball Fleming did.

You can't have a two-footed challenge with the back foot trailing 2 feet behind the leading foot.

Fleming' is every bit as much a red card, Doc didn't go through his man to get the ball Fleming did.

Docherty's was two footed, it was dangerous and it was a lunge. I think we'll disagree forever on this though, particularly if you don't think Docherty 'didn't go through his man'.[emoji15]

29 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Docherty's was two footed, it was dangerous and it was a lunge. I think we'll disagree forever on this though, particularly if you don't think Docherty 'didn't go through his man'.emoji15.png

It wasn't a two-footed lunge and he didn't go through his man to get the ball, you really need to open your eyes and your mind when you watch clips.

I'm not interested how long we'll disagree for, I'm not in control of your eyes or mind.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Which is kind of what I'd suggested a while back, given we're clearly of very differing opinions.

No, I'm correct in everything I've said on Docs red card and you choose to see what you want.

No, when the lead leg is on the ball and the trailing leg is 2 feet away under your arse it is not a two-footed tackle, that is fact not opinion.

There is only one player out of Docherty and Fleming who went through the man to get the ball and it wasn't Docherty, Doc got the ball before he made contact with the man, that's not going through the man to get the ball, again, fact not opinion.

Firstly, that's fair enough. It's not a missed opportunity in your book. But in my book, a home game, against a relegation rival, who I don't rate as a decent side having seen them twice since, and turning in our worst performance of the season when not on a bad run, is a missed opportunity.

Secondly, that's fair enough, I wouldn't argue with that. That's the way you look at the 4-4 game, and I look at the 2-2 game in a similar way but I too see that as a missed opportunity.

All this missed opportunity crap is really annoying and pointless. I could go on about being the better team against DU at home, outplayed them but lost 1 nil, missed opportunity etc. etc. Raith away outplayed them but only drew, missed opportunity. All teams have so called "missed opportunities" but the facts are we didn't win these games.
Just as you couldn't beat us over 4 games, you think we are a crap team well from the games I've seen your lot your pretty awful too.

Btw both challenges were red cards.

Archived