The Relegation Battle

Unfortunately after Saturday's result it's no longer in our hands. We need Ray McKinnon (horses arse) to do us a favour and make sure Ayr don't gain any points in their game in hand.

Ah yeah, hadn't realised that.

Not the best situation to be in, but i believe we'll pick up enough points to be ok. Big next two games though. When is Ayr's game against DU?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Not the best situation to be in, but i believe we'll pick up enough points to be ok. Big next two games though. When is Ayr's game against DU?

Tomorrow night at Tannadice.

I was glass half full when I posted but in the cold light of day you may well be right.Problem we have as does Hughes is,we don't know what Rovers are turning up on a Saturday.If we continue to play like we did against Queens we,ll be doomed,if we play like we did against Utd the week before we have a chance of avoiding the drop.

"As does Hughes" :lol:

It's him that sends them out playing like that. Punting the ball up the pitch constantly. That comes down to his tactics. Nothing else.

At the start of the season if id been offered our position now, I would have taken it. Win a game in hand to be 2 points behind 5th with 6 to go and 7 points ahead of last place. Even if we lose tomorrow, we are still 4 points above St Mirren in last, and 5 points behind Queens in 5th and everything to play for.

DU Away, St Mirren Away, QotS Home, DU Home, Morten away Hibs home and Raith away

If we win at St Mirren, I would think that means 9th is worst we can finish, Hibs should have won the league by the time we play them, and hopefully will be in holiday mode. A win at home to QotS could see us going above them if other results go our way. We have a bit of momentum with 2 wins on the bounce, and we still have players to come back from injury. I would take draws at DU and St Mirren, but the way results have been going the last few weeks you cant predict anything. I think its going to come down to the last day away at Raith and us and Raith both needing a win

Challenge accepted.
We have the worst away form in the league, have lost 5 away games on the spin, and have 4 of our last 6 games away from home. 

You would need to lose every game to finish bottom I would guess and that isn't going to happen. You are 6 points ahead of St Mirren and they have a possible 21 points to go for they are not bridging that gap. Even the most optimistic Saints fan is targeting Ayr and Dumbarton not Rovers. Relax the very worst is that you'll finish 9th and even that is doubtful.

You would need to lose every game to finish bottom I would guess and that isn't going to happen. You are 6 points ahead of St Mirren and they have a possible 21 points to go for they are not bridging that gap. Even the most optimistic Saints fan is targeting Ayr and Dumbarton not Rovers. Relax the very worst is that you'll finish 9th and even that is doubtful.

You understand we are currently on the same points as Dumbarton?

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

"As does Hughes" :lol:

It's him that sends them out playing like that. Punting the ball up the pitch constantly. That comes down to his tactics. Nothing else.

When the manager himself comes out and says "That was brutal" and apologies to supporters for the quality on display, I really doubt that. 

I dont think these players are doing what they have been told on the park.  Whether they dont have the mentality or confidence I dont know, but theres no chance Hughes set us out to play that disgusting shite we did at the weekend.

When the manager himself comes out and says "That was brutal" and apologies to supporters for the quality on display, I really doubt that. 

I dont think these players are doing what they have been told on the park.  Whether they dont have the mentality or confidence I dont know, but theres no chance Hughes set us out to play that disgusting shite we did at the weekend.

What about him constantly saying, if you don't play the way I want, you will be left behind?

At the minute, Coustrain seems to be the only one that has suffered from that.

After the weekend there, we'll see if any of those players are left behind. If not, my original point still stands.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

What about him constantly saying, if you don't play the way I want, you will be left behind?

At the minute, Coustrain seems to be the only one that has suffered from that.

After the weekend there, we'll see if any of those players are left behind. If not, my original point still stands.

It's difficult to see who else could get "left behind" - we have two recognizable, fit strikers just now. Our options for change are extremely limited - unless Hughes pulls some kind of magic out of his arse.

I look at those next four fixtures and vacillate between hope and desperation. On paper, on form, there is f**k all chance of getting anything out of them.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tomorrow night at Tannadice.

53 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Dundee Utd will ragdoll Ayr.  Don't worry about this. 

5 minutes ago, renton said:

It's difficult to see who else could get "left behind" - we have two recognizable, fit strikers just now. Our options for change are extremely limited - unless Hughes pulls some kind of magic out of his arse.

I look at those next four fixtures and vacillate between hope and desperation. On paper, on form, there is f**k all chance of getting anything out of them.

f**k sake, just checked your fixtures.  It's not improbable for Raith to not win another game this season. 

Just now, Jordan Rode said:

f**k sake, just checked your fixtures.  It's not improbable for Raith to not win another game this season. 

Pretty much, aye. Yet, we simply have to win at least two more to stand a chance.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Pretty much, aye. Yet, we simply have to win at least two more to stand a chance.

I didn't realize the fixtures are that unkind!  We will play a reserve side against you once we clinch the title. :)

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Unfortunately after Saturday's result it's no longer in our hands. 

A string of Dumbarton wins would overhaul either Ayr or Raith, who play each either on the last day of the season. 

I didn't realize the fixtures are that unkind!  We will play a reserve side against you once we clinch the title. [emoji4]

I actually think we'll be the game that you'll win the title against. So no chance of you fielding a weakened side unfortunately but you will be playing the semi against Aberdeen 4 days before so hopefully 120 mins and penalties for us to stand a chance..

Dundee Utd will ragdoll Ayr.  Don't worry about this. 

I'm hoping they do. Ayr have taken ten points from our games this season, largely down to our own downfall and much less to do with Ayr having quality.

But the point remains that we now find ourselves in a bit more of a predicament than we should, had we seen them off as we should, so a tangerine victory tomorrow would be very welcome.

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I actually think we'll be the game that you'll win the title against. So no chance of you fielding a weakened side unfortunately but you will be playing the semi against Aberdeen 4 days before so hopefully 120 mins and penalties for us to stand a chance..

I think we will win the league against Morton. If not I would like to see it at home! Raith will make a shit load if we go into the match in Kirkaldy looking to clinch it! 

Archived