The Relegation Battle

Will say one thing it's an exciting end to the season.  

Queens are probably just safe as it would take a chronic run to not pick up enough points to finish 8th.  

Dunfermline bad star to the season but seem to have had a great run of not losing recently but unfortunately for them a lot of draws so getting pulled back into it.  

Raith god knows, great start to the season (thankfully) followed by a horrible run of failure to win games, looked doomed then beat St Mirren, looked doomed again after Dumbarton then beat Dundee Utd no idea what will happen.  

Dumbarton always going to be in the fight as they are part time but capable of staying up as they keep proving season after season, they also enjoy spanking us 

Ayr looked certain for bottom two most of the season but keep notching up the points could they escape to 8th?

St Mirren up until recently had to be certain 10th place but hit form at the right time, can they keep it going and they do have a hell of a tough end to the season.  

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

For maximum scenes I obviously want the last day to go to St. Mirren needing to win to stay up and Hibs to win to win the league, ending in a draw that fucks the pair of them. I can see St. Mirren going into that safe from 10th already though. Do Ayr have enough about them to avoid being cut adrift?

Hypothetically, let's say by the 22nd of April (3rd last round of fixtures) Morton can't win league and also can't be caught in 2nd however a loss at home to Ayr Utd can relegate St Mirren....What result would yourself and other Morton fans like to happen?

as for relegation battle, I really don't know, another huge game for us on Sat at home to Queens, one of the few remaining that when looked at on paper I think 'winnable'. Lose it and we are right back in the mess we were before beating Arabs.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Will say one thing it's an exciting end to the season.  

Queens are probably just safe as it would take a chronic run to not pick up enough points to finish 8th.  

Hopefully you are correct. Such a run is well within our capabilities sadly.

I think we will be OK but we certainly aren`t safe as things stand.

Regardless of how bad times have been this year, its still a very long time since we were bottom of the table, we are doing just enough resilts wise to maintain any kind of points gap, we have in recent weeks been drifting behind the teans ahead though.  

If we were somehow to win our next 3 games we would be 10 points clear of St Mirren and they would have 18 maximum to achieve.  

Now of course we aren't going to win 3 games in a row but having completely given up after Falkirk to notice that we still have it within our own power to do that gives some hope.  

Who would you all like to finish 9th/10th? I get the feeling most would like to get rid of ourselves and Ayr.

Nah, I'd quite like you to stay up. The derby's are back at least.

Ayr to finish bottom with Dumbarton 9th would be my preferred choice. St Mirren going down would be hilarious but I don't actually want them to go down as we always seem to beat them even when we're playing shite.

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Who would you all like to finish 9th/10th? I get the feeling most would like to get rid of ourselves and Ayr.

Get Dumbarton doon.

Wouldnt mind if they took Raith doon with them as well.

48 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Everyone answering this question should bear in mind that Livingston look stick-ons to come up again.  Just in case you want to pick your own team, to avoid them.

10 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Hypothetically, let's say by the 22nd of April (3rd last round of fixtures) Morton can't win league and also can't be caught in 2nd however a loss at home to Ayr Utd can relegate St Mirren....What result would yourself and other Morton fans like to happen?

as for relegation battle, I really don't know, another huge game for us on Sat at home to Queens, one of the few remaining that when looked at on paper I think 'winnable'. Lose it and we are right back in the mess we were before beating Arabs.

Quite a few Morton fans on here would want them to lose that game even if they still had a shot at winning the league they are so obsessed with St Mirren.

ETA - Queue a picture of a train or something from virginton... top quality banter

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Genuinely don't care as long as it's not us.

That's a St Mirren fan and a Falkirk fan that wants us down though, I wonder why...

I don't really care who goes down as long as it's not us. Ayr is a great away day and we tend to do well there, I have a mate who lives in Dunfermline so thats good for an away day as is Kirkcaldy.. and I work with alot of Dumbarton fans so it's good for the craic with them if they stay up. So by that basis I want QoS down but can't see it now.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They could still be headed for League 2...

I'm sure Rory will bang on enough penalties to keep them up. Raith and Falkirk need to step up their game - not seen any of their players taking to Twitter to call us mutants or abusing our players.

Want Ayr to stay up due to connections there, and I respect Dumbarton's achievements in recent years. Enjoy taking DAFC off our mantelpiece to blow the dust off them and give them another pumping every so often, so...

Buddies and Rovers it is. Away ye go.

Archived