The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

What makes you think you can get the better of us seeing as you've failed to beat us all season? Plus we'll likely have Quitongo back by then.

Doesnt matter, since we'll be playing Utd in the semi final anyways.

A few Falkirk fans still going on about last year's playoff yXAbrOQ.png

This is an embarrassing state of affairs for us but the reality is we've barely been better than Falkirk against everyone else in this league. If the two teams had an even head to head record we'd be one point in front of them (which given the way we're playing, I'd have no hope of us maintaining) and if Falkirk had a positive record, they'd be in first.

Bringing that up before the first game of the season was a minter, given how both teams' seasons finished. Having a pop about it now when our domination over Falkirk this year is actually going to count for something.... eMlO2Ay.png

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You are the one who dismissed number of shots as having any significance, so please don't conveniently give credence to the foul count. Yesterday was not a dirty game in the slightest. Neither team was dirty, both were full blooded and committed.

Won't bother dealing with Hibernias points as there is no point in talking to someone who is seething even in victory.

ETA if you want a stat, Falkirk have the best disciplinary record in the league.

Are we seriously comparing the foul count/calling a team dirty and shot count/which team deserved to win a game arguments?  b9rreGI.png I only bothered to look up the foul count because I knew it would back up my assessment that Falkirk were cynically making fouls every couple of minutes. Who deserved to win any given game is ultimately subjective*, the fact that Falkirk did a shitload of fouling yesterday is pretty much a fact.

*In any case, you could use any method you like to argue that Falkirk didn't deserve to be behind for 80 odd minutes and I would totally agree. We were not the better team for most of that game. When it came to the crunch though, Hibs went for it and wee Houstie tried to settle for a draw when a potentially season changing win was a possibility. No sympathy whatsoever.

A few Falkirk fans still going on about last year's playoff yXAbrOQ.png
This is an embarrassing state of affairs for us but the reality is we've barely been better than Falkirk against everyone else in this league. If the two teams had an even head to head record we'd be one point in front of them (which given the way we're playing, I'd have no hope of us maintaining) and if Falkirk had a positive record, they'd be in first.
Bringing that up before the first game of the season was a minter, given how both teams' seasons finished. Having a pop about it now when our domination over Falkirk this year is actually going to count for something.... eMlO2Ay.png
Are we seriously comparing the foul count/calling a team dirty and shot count/which team deserved to win a game arguments?  b9rreGI.png I only bothered to look up the foul count because I knew it would back up my assessment that Falkirk were cynically making fouls every couple of minutes. Who deserved to win any given game is ultimately subjective*, the fact that Falkirk did a shitload of fouling yesterday is pretty much a fact.
*In any case, you could use any method you like to argue that Falkirk didn't deserve to be behind for 80 odd minutes and I would totally agree. We were not the better team for most of that game. When it came to the crunch though, Hibs went for it and wee Houstie tried to settle for a draw when a potentially season changing win was a possibility. No sympathy whatsoever.

To be fair it's the usual suspects going on about the play offs last season.

For as good as it was at the time, scoring in the last minute to get to the play off final, at the end of the day we were horsed.

See Houston has come out and said we didn't deserve to win. Mind when Stubbs said the same thing and he lost his fucking mind? He should probably concentrate on working on his teams ability to defend cross balls then they might win a game or two against us...
image.png.fc3d3b479eaa6a774285a9566aa2b70d.png

Difference is Stubbs kept having to say it as Houstie owned him.

Hibs fans.......If Dylan Mcgeouch stayed injury free and got a run of games would he be anywhere near the Scotland squad? Surely if John McGinn is getting a cap, McGeouch can't be far away, or is there a gulf in class between them?

Different kind of player but I love watching McGeouch. He uses the ball really well.

In my opinion when he's fit he's our best midfielder but that's the problem, he's never fit for long enough.

Archived