The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Shinnie is not a shitebag fat bhoy. You wouldn't recognise a player if he was in bed with your sister.

2 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

It's all downhill from here.

We were cruising along enjoying the thread and then...

8d664570648791eaed5c5f5780ee9072.gif

Id take great pleasure in being a part of the reason why Shinnie isn't here next season. I'm currently thinking up ideas to force him out. I was thinking a half niddrie outside the west stand but then again that maybe a bit much. Maybe throw some of those gherkins from a Big Mac at him after every game. I'm a regular at the mcdonalds at meadowbank. Must be in there about 3 times a day.  I'm sure they'll do me some kind of discount. Got to keep myself a big strong bhoy.

Hopefully Birmingham have a shortage of midfielders this coming season and cannot afford him to leave.

He's shown glimpses of talent & promise, but they've been just that; glimpses

well on the subject of Falkirk hibsing it like Saturday, what i'm about to say sounds like the most retarded thing ever, and it is. but stay with me on this.

We have blown hot and cold all season, have nae consistency and so on, we don't look like a team who could win remaining games and catch hibs, we don't look like a team who could negotiate 4 or 6 play off games to promotion. if we win on Saturday but then inevitably drop points then Morton could end up winning the league, we end up 2nd or 3rd depending on how much the arse falls out hibs, the play of semi final is a repeat of last years but ends up being a brutal match going to extra time in the 2nd leg. either us or hibs go on to get dicked silly by the spl team and we are stuck in yet another strong championship with hibs utd and others, the board decide once again to hold off investment till the bigger clubs have fucked off like they have the last 3 years, hueston gets a new contract signing the same pish journeymen and a lot of fans decide they cant really be arsed watching this shite for another year.

So . the point of football is to win but would it maybe do us more good in the long term if we just didn't bother , give hibs the points so they can f**k off ? or have I got too much time on my hands?

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

well on the subject of Falkirk hibsing it like Saturday, what i'm about to say sounds like the most retarded thing ever, and it is. 

Stopped reading after this.

cant make any predictions at all for this one but I think it will be 2-0 Falkirk, Austin last minute winner.

Also, the pressure on us has been the same since the very first game this season. There is a pressure to go out and win every single game, more this season than any other season I can remember. 

Even in the cups. Get it fucking won Hibs and put this league to bed.

27 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Also, the pressure on us has been the same since the very first game this season. There is a pressure to go out and win every single game, more this season than any other season I can remember. 

Have to agree, I can't remember any other season where Hibs were expected to win every week, I think the cup win certainly took some of the pressure off the Scottish this season.

41 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Even in the cups. Get it fucking won Hibs and put this league to bed.

Baws......its the business end of the season, there is obviously much more pressure now than at the start of the season. 

Its very much still in your own hands after a bad result earlier on in the season, the last quarter is less forgiving.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Baws......its the business end of the season, there is obviously much more pressure now than at the start of the season. 

Its very much still in your own hands after a bad result earlier on in the season, the last quarter is less forgiving.

When you are trying to win a league the whole season is the business end of the season. What's the point turning up now if you've been shite for the rest of it? 

Its that kind of attitude that sees you guys celebrating finishing 2nd.

43 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

When you are trying to win a league the whole season is the business end of the season. What's the point turning up now if you've been shite for the rest of it? 

Its that kind of attitude that sees you guys celebrating finishing 2nd.

So defeats away to Alloa, Raith and draws somehow against us and Morton in the last quarter last season was down to the games you were winning at the start. 

Nah, the pressure is more on the last quarter, where you begin to seriously look how your nearest competitor is doing.

You just need to ask the bottom 5 teams about pressure

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

So defeats away to Alloa, Raith and draws somehow against us and Morton in the last quarter last season was down to the games you were winning at the start. 

Nah, the pressure is more on the last quarter, where you begin to seriously look how your nearest competitor is doing.

You just need to ask the bottom 5 teams about pressure

Shite.

For us the pressure has been to win the league, its different from Falkirk. We've been under pressure all season.

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Compensation for Sibbald would be £180k

Personally, I'd be surprised if any Scottish team is willing to pay that for him. Of course Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs(assuming promoted) could afford that...could they get better value elsewhere? Probably 

If we were to go up and one or two seven figure sales happen in Summer (Cummings for £2m seems to be the chat, sure we'd want more for McGinn), I can see us doing a few bits of business around that amount. Could probably do a lot worse than Sibbald.

In a standard Summer window however, I'm sure we wouldn't dream of spending that on Sibbald. McGinn wasn't far off that but that was a slightly more obvious speculate to accumulate situation.

7 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Shinnie is not a shitebag fat bhoy. You wouldn't recognise a player if he was in bed with your sister.

Most people aren't present to witness men being in bed with their sisters, m9 wiggo.png

First season there wasn't a lot of pressure on the players as most people thought we'd struggle. We exceeded out expectations that season and finished second. Last season id say there was more pressure than the season before but it grew over the season as we hit a great run over Christmas and beat team after team in the cup. We finished a place below where we expected to finish. This season the pressure has been massive right from the start. I think the only game we haven't had any pressure on us was Brondby away. We are currently were we want to be although not as comfortable as we should be. 

I dont think you can doubt our mentality in big games. We've been outstanding in most since we came down. It's the games against sides like Alloa, st.mirren and Dumbarton where we have toiled. Saturday and next Wednesday are massive games so I think we will win both. It'll be tight and hard fought though. 

Archived