The William Hill Scottish Cup Holders v Grangemouth Blast Zone Blowhards

We really need to win this one, both to strengthen our chances of finishing 2nd, and to pull Hibs back to what I'd call a 'catchable' distance. Personally, I'd bench Kerr and Baird for this one, and bring Muirhead back in for Kidd. Hippolyte has to play, not starting him against Morton was bizarre. 

Rogers

Muirhead Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Aird Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Austin McHugh

Saturday's result has undoubtedly put a huge dent in the support's morale, hopefully we still take a good following on Saturday

Dumbarton coming to TFS and Easter Road and leaving with 2-2 draws shows there are no easy games between now and the end of the season. Plenty of twists and turns to come yet. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can see an Efe goal coming soon. He looks more threatening than any of our midfielders have bar commons all season. Will genuinely burst into tears of happiness when he does a sol Bamba and strolls out of defence and ends up planting one in the top corner against some diddy side 

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

i can see an Efe goal coming soon. He looks more threatening than any of our midfielders have bar commons all season. Will genuinely burst into tears of happiness when he does a sol Bamba and strolls out of defence and ends up planting one in the top corner against some diddy side 

own goal obviously.......

Saturdays result killed off any remote chance of winning the league though second place is still possible but we have to be much more assertive in all our remaining games.

Always been a fan of Mark Kerr but we have to go with Hippo out wide with Sibbald in the middle with Tiawo ( McKee also an option given his showing against the Fifers).

I have a feeling that the eternally unforunate / unpopular Craigen could confound his critics and have an important role to play given his dead ball ability and willingness to take a shot on from distance.

Quick movement of the ball and aggression will bring us results but any more of the ponderous sideways guff that we produced at the weekend will certainly ensure yet another season in the stiffs.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

They're not good enough for this league never mind the premier league.

Bit harsh, 1st defeat this calendar year against a team that are flying at the moment and it's all doom and gloom again ?

19 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

a win to get our hopes up then more points droppings and a thoro pumpin in the playoffs to remind us we never really deserved to go up this season, too negative?

its the Falkirk way!! although I feel if we come out fighting and get a few wins on the bounce including this weekend (optimistic I know) then there is no reason we shouldn't be confident about heading towards the playoff games with the squad we have. Would like to see more of McKee, if one up top then I would line up with

Rogers

Muirhead Luca grant leahy

aird Taiwo McKee hippo

Sibbs

Austin

or sibbs on the left and hippo upfront with Austin would cause hibs plenty of problems at the back.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

They're not good enough for this league never mind the premier league.

Sibbald and Grant I reckon could step up.  Sibbald will be out to impress that's for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Craigen managed to play 26 games for Partick and score 5 goals at that level so anythings possible.

There will be a difference in level between us next season and Partick tbh. 

Archived