Albion Rovers v Peterhead

Massive game for both teams - or is it? Are they already doomed to a relegation play-off place at best? I know we would be down already but for Rory McAllister. Hope he gets a hat trick today on his welcome return from suspension.

1 minute ago, Balmoor Boy said:

I don't think Finnie put us in the position that we are in right now? Too many excuses and surely Jim McInally has run out of them by now :(

No he didnt but im assuming you werent there today

You're surely referring to the incident where our keeper took the attacker out on the edge of the box, receiving only a yellow card? All I can say is: I think the laws were changed recently. We certainly gained from it. Terrible game, of course. The Rovers are running on empty and I didn't see enough dig or spirit to arouse any optimism for the run in.

7 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

You're surely referring to the incident where our keeper took the attacker out on the edge of the box, receiving only a yellow card? All I can say is: I think the laws were changed recently. We certainly gained from it. Terrible game, of course. The Rovers are running on empty and I didn't see enough dig or spirit to arouse any optimism for the run in.

Last man outside the box is a sending off,last man inside the box is a yellow and pen,but your right terrible game,dont think the pitch (not anybodys fault cannae help the weather) helped it be a silky passing game

Was not at todays game but could have predicted two things with some confidence, given that Finnie was in charge it was odds on that he would make sure he was the main talking point of the afternoon & not in a positive manner on our behalf.

The other certainty was that even after moving games to cash in on bigger gates than they could handle over a few seasons the actual playing surface at Cliftonhill does not appear to have had any improvements made to it & is consistently the worst pitch in the league.

No he didnt but im assuming you werent there today

The ball was moving towards the corner flag which means it is not a clear goal scoring opportunity that's mentioned within the laws of the game. And has always been the case

The bit that has changed is it's not a red card if the player made a genuine attempt to play the ball

I have never seen a team dive so much in all my life as peterhead today.

Had a relative up from down south who was a Rovers fan as a kid so took this in rather than Airdrie Stenny.

Never thought I'd long to watch a Mark Wilson Airdrie side but would happily have went to ML6 at Ht. 

To say this was 'turgid' as Vodka Vic said was to talk this game up.

Both sides look relegation material. 

Hopefully PFC due to drive but Rovers look in disarray .

Keeper and Capt both getting spoken to for arguing with themselves, players arguing with each other all over pitch. They'd make good Airdrie fans.

Goalie should have saw Red 

43 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Both sides look relegation material. 

Hopefully PFC due to drive but Rovers look in disarray .

Keeper and Capt both getting spoken to for arguing with themselves, players arguing with each other all over pitch. They'd make good Airdrie fans.

I've been concerned about the on field verbals for a couple of months. We look like a bunch of guys who don't like each other and some look as though they're unconcerned about our predicament.

I've been concerned about the on field verbals for a couple of months. We look like a bunch of guys who don't like each other and some look as though they're unconcerned about our predicament.

I wasn't there today Bold. Please tell me there were some positives ☹️

5 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

I wasn't there today Bold. Please tell me there were some positives ☹️

Difficult, Sam. Ryan Wallace is a good player but ineffective without support. Alan Reid was our best defender but got himself injured taking out Grant Anderson for his usual booking. Clean sheet for the keeper who surely should have walked for a foul outside the box.

24 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Difficult, Sam. Ryan Wallace is a good player but ineffective without support. Alan Reid was our best defender but got himself injured taking out Grant Anderson for his usual booking. Clean sheet for the keeper who surely should have walked for a foul outside the box.

That was a cynical booking for Reid. 

He is never a left back though. 

GK was very lucky to get away with that 

That was a cynical booking for Reid. 
He is never a left back though. 
GK was very lucky to get away with that 

I'd much prefer him on the right but he gave an excellent performance at left back against Willis Furtado a few weeks ago.

Archived