West of Scotland quarter final

Oscarthehead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ped you are exactly right, when I was match secretary and one of our clubs reached the later stages of the Scottish / West I would  speak to them to agree dates of games before " the big match" but I would never allow them to pick the opposition.

Could rodger the dodger post refer to St Pat's fixture by any chance ........

12 minutes ago, dumbarton82 said:

Would the league and match secretary not want to give their member clubs best chance of getting to a major final by giving them a free weekend before a semi final

Not if there is a suspension or 2 coming up which could rule important players out of a semi final , then the league can give them a game to get the suspension out the way. Can be a double edged sword at times right enough !

Get what your saying now disco30... personally I would prefer my squad to have a good rest before a big semi and not being put in danger of injury just to free up 1/2 players of a suspension. Suppose each team will have own thoughts on this.

All clubs should be treated the same you are correct but on this occasion it seems that they have not!

Both teams are playing catch up in their leagues but only one of them is issued with fixtures, just seems rather strange to me.

Colville v Southside Final fur me

Years ago my team were asked to play on a Monday night to allow a Scottish cup semi finalist to free up players who were suspended otherwise. While we played the game the squad for the semi trained. We were happy to help. The association were happy to allow it and they had a full squad for their semi. It's not always as it seems.

I am sure match secretary's will try to accomodate teams in latter stages of the semis as much as possible. Would think it would be up to teams whether they want a fixture the weekend before a semi. Anyway... good luck to all 4 sides involved and hopefully get 2 cracking ties

Thanks for confirming 1987gibbo... would'nt like to think your had a game forced upon you today when got a big one on monday. All the best for today and the semi[emoji106]

Cheers mate [emoji106] Monday can't come quick enough lol

Archived