Can you guess what it is yet?

"If at first you don't succeed, just guess cast iron gate again"

Edit: Just realised I misread the first guess and it was in fact 2 guesses. My bad

Edited by deej

2 minutes ago, sugna said:

Is it one of those removable parts that isn't a burner, that goes on top of a gas hob?

(I realize that some people call these "trivets", so that guess may already have covered this one...)

Not really, they're called pot stands.

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Nor a cooker extractor (fan) emoji653.png thing. No.

This boy I knew was mad into tractors. Had model tractors, pics of them on his walls, would draw pictures of them. One day his dad said to him he was getting a bit old for all that pish so the lad took down all the tractor stuff and developed a taste for posters of girls, football etc. One day we were walking home from school and we saw this house on fire with smoke billowing from every window. The fire brigade were telling folk to stay back but he broke through their line, ran in the house and room by room, sucked the smoke out, brought out a grateful occupant and blew the smoke out into the street. 

When he was done the firemen congratulated and asked him how he did it. "Piece of piss" he replied. "I'm an ex-tractor fan".