Grief Culture

Torpar

There must be a few terminally ill Celtic fans raging at the amount of publicity Jay Beattie gets. It's tragic and all and it was a nice touch by Samaras that day but things like giving him Goal of the Month? :lol: f**k sake.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Hopefully she has the decency to croak during a spell of decent weather so i can f**k and camp on a mountain somewhere for 3 or 4 days :lol:

Looks like you've got it all sorted out

It's the minutes applauses while the game is in progress that drive me nuts. I remember once at an away game at Aberdeen, one started and I didn't join in. A woman turned round and said 'Applaud for some boy who died!'

Later turned out he was still alive, wasn't an Aberdeen fan nor attended matches!

I never see the point of floral tributes at sites of road accidents- if I was deaded in a road accident I'd want a sign put up along the lines of "Drive carefully you cnuts- THAT MEANS YOU AUDI AND BMW DRIVERS"

Whereas if I was deaded in some kind of freak bizarre incident I would expect and trust P&B contributors to royally rip the pish :lol:

'Applaud for some boy who died!'

This sums it up. Aye, a really touching sentiment..."some boy"...just a "look at me, look how respectful I am".
And, why? We're all going to die, that fucker just got lucky and was able to check out early! (turns out 'some boy' wasn't even dead though, so applauding in anticipation of his death is quite harsh)

Hopefully she has the decency to croak during a spell of decent weather so i can f**k and camp on a mountain somewhere for 3 or 4 days :lol:

Unlikely. Winter is generally the time of year that claims pensioners. My money would be on a December/January death.

I'd imagine the 700+ rooms at Buckingham Palace are pretty well heated.

Unfortunately.

Probably heated to an unhealthy level, like 27 degrees.

Is Buck House not needing a refurb? Thought I saw a story mentioning that was happening soon. Probably still a bit drafty.

I can remember even before Diana died though any news report of the aftermath of any news report would have the camera zoom in on a bouquet of flowers at the scene with a card saying "why?" On it.

You'd then hear the newsreader say in a sombre tone- "one tribute echoed the sentiments of so many in the community asking simply- WHY?"

I agree with your observations on this subject but do you actually think Diana's death contributed towards attitudes that we see today?

Archived