Grief Culture

Torpar

I'm not trying to be specific about the recent atrocity but when family members release statements about their loved ones they all seem like insincere cliches. Things like 'when he walked into the room he would light the place ip' and 'always the life and soul of the party' and shite like that. I really can't think of anyone I know who is always the life and soul of the party either, everyone likes a party but all of us have off nights and fade eventually during parties so the statement is almost certainly incorrect.

Beats saying "they were an arsehole. I didn't wish for this but my brother/cousin/kid was an arsehole".

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beats saying "they were an arsehole. I didn't wish for this but my brother/cousin/kid was an arsehole".

That's what I would like for my family to say when I'm gone. "He's the sort of person who would walk Into the room and everyone would desperately try not to make eye contact with him so they didn't have to talk to him" or "Always that guy at the party who you wished would just f**k off coz he was a c**t"

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm not trying to be specific about the recent atrocity but when family members release statements about their loved ones they all seem like insincere cliches. Things like 'when he walked into the room he would light the place ip' and 'always the life and soul of the party' and shite like that. I really can't think of anyone I know who is always the life and soul of the party either, everyone likes a party but all of us have off nights and fade eventually during parties so the statement is almost certainly incorrect.

They often go on about how "beautiful" they were as well. As if they're thinking 'I've got a pug-ugly kid as well, I wouldn't have minded so much if that one had been taken but the objectively attractive one is a real loss'.

That's what I would like for my family to say when I'm gone. "He's the sort of person who would walk Into the room and everyone would desperately try not to make eye contact with him so they didn't have to talk to him" or "Always that guy at the party who you wished would just f**k off coz he was a c**t"

^^^^^ exactly what your loved ones will say when you pop your clogs IMO

You want a P&B wedding and funeral?!

TIme to crank up another thread, methinks.

[mention=69828]DI Bruce Robertson[/mention]

Doesn't need to be exclusively throbber. Shandon could be buried in a massive loafer. Slippery P in a bag with some bricks and in to the river. Grimbo, well you can guess where I'm going.

37 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I think "he was no angel" or simply "He was a family man" is code for arsehole in these circumstances.

Eta. No bad soldiers get killed, ever. I worry that we'll be left with all the rubbish ones to protect us.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Probably just eaten Readybrek.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

"He wasn't really a people person. He tried to hide his hatred for most of humanity with rapier like sardonic wit and the constant stream of negativity dressed up as humour that he espoused could only bring down those who stopped to actually think about what he was saying. The world is definitely a happier place without him, the c**t."

"He wasn't really a people person. He tried to hide his hatred for most of humanity with rapier like sardonic wit and the constant stream of negativity dressed up as humour that he espoused could only bring down those who stopped to actually think about what he was saying. The world is definitely a happier place without him, the c**t."

Jimmy 85 springs to mind here.

14 hours ago, Ross. said:

I'd be happy with that on my headstone.

Archived