Grief Culture

Torpar

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Here you go, mate.

94599ea89ed44a592478a29eec7e56e3.jpg

She's "absolutely sickened". Fair play to her, I thought she might say she supported the terrorists.

Cheryl loves people of other races, apart from that one she punched.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Here you go, mate.

She's "absolutely sickened". Fair play to her, I thought she might say she supported the terrorists.

Yep, just to throw a cat among the pigeons so we don't need to read through these constant insincere repetitive sentiments!

I don't think expressions of shock from celebrities, or famililes saying how much they loved their murdered children are the main problem with the Manchester attacks, to be quite honest.  Call me controversial if you like.

On 25/05/2017 at 13:05, throbber said:

I'm not trying to be specific about the recent atrocity but when family members release statements about their loved ones they all seem like insincere cliches. Things like 'when he walked into the room he would light the place ip' and 'always the life and soul of the party' and shite like that. I really can't think of anyone I know who is always the life and soul of the party either, everyone likes a party but all of us have off nights and fade eventually during parties so the statement is almost certainly incorrect.

I'd like to think that if any such horrible fate ever befell me, my family would be like 'aye he was alright when he was in a good mood but was generally a bit anti-social and didn't have much time for dafties'.

None of this 'he was a shining light and a paradigm of virtue who looked upon everyone equally' pish.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Here you go, mate.

94599ea89ed44a592478a29eec7e56e3.jpg

Thts rly poot mi mynd @ eez

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I wish we'd see the end of the 'Spirit of Manchester/Glasgow/Methil' shite that flies about because people rally around and help when something rubbish happens.

Human nature to help folk out is it not?

I'm guessing that the spirit of Methil is methylated.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think expressions of shock from celebrities, or famililes saying how much they loved their murdered children are the main problem with the Manchester attacks, to be quite honest.  Call me controversial if you like.

Disagree strongly. 

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

I would pray for Methil/ Buckhaven anyway. 

Terrorists  couldnae make it any worse than what Westminster has done over the last 40 years.

Don't they have a council to do that?

On 2017-3-22 at 13:17, jupe1407 said:

The worst thing about Diana dying was the radio stations playing days on end of funeral-esque music. I vaguely remember Nicky Campbell publicly naming and shaming someone who'd emailed in asking when normal service would be restored.

w****r.

Nicky Campbell is the undisputed king of hypocrisy and attention seeking. Everything spoken about on his shows has to be somehow turned around to feature himself. (at least it did while I could still bear to listen to him).

Stumbled across this thread this morning, and find it very reassuring. It's genuinely cheered me up. 

On 2017-5-26 at 17:52, djchapsticks said:

I'd like to think that if any such horrible fate ever befell me, my family would be like 'aye he was alright when he was in a good mood but was generally a bit anti-social and didn't have much time for dafties'.

None of this 'he was a shining light and a paradigm of virtue who looked upon everyone equally' pish.

Aye he was alright when he was in a good mood but was generally a bit anti-social and didn't have much time for dafties'. Headstone material for sure. Sadly I won't be around to make sure it actually happens. I'll leave instructions with Mrs Grumpy, but whether she goes through with it i don't know. 

Incidentally, is there anything more insincere than 'our thoughts and prayers are with the family'? It's the standard response from any politician these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
Watching the News tonight: our society actually enjoys this grief stuff. Craves it.

Hard to disagree with this. We got an email from our HR wifie (wid not) about a minute's silence yesterday for the terror attacks, dripping with self importance and I suspect she got quite a froth on when she was writing it. Luckily I'm working in Norway the noo so I've avoided a lot of that shite.

Archived