Grief Culture

Torpar

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are far to many people barging their way on to the virtual grief and outrage buses these days. So keen to be 'seen doing the right thing' in a pointless plea for 'likes' enabling them to sleep smugly at night. 

Or something. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Strangely enough I woke up unnaturally early that morning (circa 06.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so fired on the TV to see every channel (all 5 of them) bleating on about it. Got quickly bored so fired up the PC to play a demo of Little Big Adventure 2, which I enjoyed so much I shortly afterwards purchased the full game, and it remains one of my all time favourite games.

So not all bad.

Quite similar to me, had MOTD on and must have fallen asleep (12 year old) to wake to her being announced deid.  Fair play it was a big deal but Channel 4 cancelled football Italia later on that afternoon.  Pure rage. :(

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

Quite similar to me, had MOTD on and must have fallen asleep (12 year old) to wake to her being announced deid.  Fair play it was a big deal but Channel 4 cancelled football Italia later on that afternoon.  Pure rage. :(

My ex was named after Princess Di, her parents thought she was inspirational. 

not sure why exactly

41 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I wonder if there's anyone just now that would create such a stir if they died? 

Yer maw. But only in my heart (and groin).

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What was the difference between Dodi's chauffeur and George Best? 

George Best could beat a wall.

19 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

My ex was named after Princess Di, her parents thought she was inspirational. 

not sure why exactly

Suppose it's better than someone these days calling their child Obama. ;) 

I got out my bed, got ready, met team mates at 9, drove to kirky with the tunes on, went into changing room, got stripped then the ref came in and said the games off cause di died. Still can't believe it 20 years on, they cancelled a Sunday league game in kirky cause di died, wtf.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

There would be carnage if the Queen died on 12th July, 'We wull not postpone the parades'

Why is king billy of the netherlands not our king as well?

who are the loyal oranges loyal to, i don't understand, help. 

Archived