Happy St Mirren's Day To Buddies Everywhere

shull

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

...and then you replaced your League Cup winning manager with Tommy Craig and now, four years later, sit bottom of the Championship.

Yikes.

There's a salutary lesson there, right enough :lol:

What a magnificent day it was, though. Bonkers game, too (as was the semi). General perception is that the 'wee' teams would have to shitfest their way to a trophy like this, but we were fucking brilliant to watch. Really dug in for that first half hour, too, when Hearts could have put the game beyond us.

What a fucking day.

We really did do it the hard way.

Beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Celtic in the semis and lets be honest Hearts should have been 3 up within the first 30 minutes.

Spectacular come back and 3 brilliant & special goals.

Everyone will have their own stories from that day, personally it was a stunning day but I'll always remember one part for the wrong reasons. Me and my bro couldn't get it to our regular pubs, we ended up going to the tapas bar as it was the only place that wasn't heaving.

They are showing the whole 87 cup final (brave choice) I turn round, gob smacked it's only the 87 cup winning captain Abercrombie with some no mark ex Rangers player. Sadly Billy isn't in the best of nick these days, he was in such a state i tried to show him what was on tv and he didn't even recognise himself or the game. It was quite really sad. Although he did threaten (in a joking way, I'm pretty sure!)to two foot tackle my brother which would have been hilarious [emoji23].

The party literally continued for about a week, apart from poor John McGinn who had to go to Scotland unders duties.

IMG_1489740342.185516.jpg.670107bc758b28cbf92c781e0adc747a.jpgIMG_1489740353.004639.jpg.be8223a7537bb4da57f1e93d956b19dc.jpg

Image result for conor newton v hearts

Image result for danny lennon

IMG_1489740406.190937.jpg

IMG_1489740398.100774.jpg

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That is sad about Aber. :(

Yeah, just made me think what if my son sees Goody in 30 years time celebrating our next cup win and Goody didn't even recognise it.

I hope Aber gets the help he needs. Crazy to think he is only 1 of 4 captains to lift a major trophy for us.

Archived