The Morton Collapse of 03/04

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

have a close look at the middle photo and you'll see 2 fans in rangers tops. (they were still rangers in those days)crappielow is the only ground I can recall seeing fans with ugly sister strips in the home end.not a one off,seen it loads of times.

the 1st game of the season after the betting scandal was the renfrewshire cup final. saints fans released a box of bookies slips (6000 slips in the box)and they blew gracefully across the pitch causing much anger in the cowshed.

anyway the betting story is true.a guy in the royal mail greenock told me so.

the same royal mail guy also tells the story of the soap dodging postman who was off work on the sick.the dodgers were playing gretna away in what i think was gretnas 1st league game.the photographer's were out in force and the postie ended up in the sun on the mon morning in a full page photo.the postie got the sack.

a big thank you to the dodgers,alex williams in particular,for one of the funniest moments in scottish football history.

The Old Firm kits issue has been brought up with Rae but he is not interested in dealing with it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on a minute, let me see if I've got this straight. Morton fans were Rangers strips to Morton games or Morton fans allow Rangers fans to wear strips at Morton games?

I know my club pander to the Old Firm constantly but I'm pretty sure if people were turning up for random games with Rangers strips on they would be told to f**k off - either by the club or by fans around them.

Surely this has led to some potential for trouble at Cappielow?

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

have a close look at the middle photo and you'll see 2 fans in rangers tops. (they were still rangers in those days)crappielow is the only ground I can recall seeing fans with ugly sister strips in the home end.not a one off,seen it loads of times.

the 1st game of the season after the betting scandal was the renfrewshire cup final. saints fans released a box of bookies slips (6000 slips in the box)and they blew gracefully across the pitch causing much anger in the cowshed.

the same royal mail guy also tells the story of the soap dodging postman who was off work on the sick.the dodgers were playing gretna away in what i think was gretnas 1st league game.the photographer's were out in force and the postie ended up in the sun on the mon morning in a full page photo.the postie got the sack.

a big thank you to the dodgers,alex williams in particular,for one of the funniest moments in scottish football history.

:lol: 

The grammar in this post makes me sad.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Hold on a minute, let me see if I've got this straight. Morton fans were Rangers strips to Morton games or Morton fans allow Rangers fans to wear strips at Morton games?

I know my club pander to the Old Firm constantly but I'm pretty sure if people were turning up for random games with Rangers strips on they would be told to f**k off - either by the club or by fans around them.

It doesn't really happen anymore. Children have done it (there's a story behind one incident and their father deliberately trying to wind up Morton fans) but you can't really shout at weans for doing so.

There was a Rangers fan in the Cowshed at Cappielow last season, he was kindly erm "dealt with" though this was a month or so after the glass bottle incident at Ibrix, tensions were reasonably high.

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Just one spawny family as Toby explained earlier and have been pulled up about it before. That photo is also 13 years old I reckon and you don't see that any more.

Just one spawny family as Toby explained earlier and have been pulled up about it before. That photo is also 13 years old I reckon and you don't see that any more.

I suppose (and this isn't a dig at Morton) the further down the leagues you go the more likely you are to have casual fans who are simply going to a game but still have a "big" club who they support. Kids is acceptable, in terms of not getting abuse, but for a dad to put their kid in that situation is just stupid.

I remember at 12 going to see the Charity Shield at Wembley and I had a Killie top on and my sister wore Celtic and my mate had a Rangers top on. My mate was kind of barged into by a group of Man U fans and called a "*** b*****d" (true) which then led to my dad getting involved in a bit of an argument with the fans.

Looking back hearing English fans calling my mate a *** didn't seem out of ordinary as this terminology is pretty prevalent in the west of Scotland but I would now be surprised to here that term anywhere else (or anywhere really, other than here or social media it's not a phrase I see very much).

IMG_1490187768.505162.jpg

Nearly forgot about this total fuckin riddy

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The Celtic shop at St Mirren is one of the most incredible examples of a diddy club happily accepting the thick OF boaby.

The only worse example I can think of in recent times is Clyde's fundraising friendly (when they were managed by John Brown, had Andy Goram on the coaching staff, Jorg Albertz as a player) v 'Rangers Legends XI' and some of the Rangers Legends swapped teams at half-time, playing for Clyde as well as Rangers. Just a total love-in.

I remember that cup game well, we were absolutely rock bottom of the spl and pretty much everyone had Morton favourites. It was pishing from the heavens on the WDE and Kenny Arthur went off injured after 5 minutes with Steven pinkowski coming on for his debut. Don't think you'd have found many in the away end confident at that point but we cruised it. 2 James grady penalties I think. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Interestingly enough, Morton's current form (last 10) is just one point better than they managed in the final 10 games of this (The) Famous season.

Also amazing to think that we could go 15 games without a win and still be playing in the Premiership next season :o 

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

That you on 13 games at the minute without a win? You're extremely lucky that you were flying up until February..

Eight at the moment, could be nine if we don't beat Dundee United next weekend, and there is a possibility of six more play off matches. Can't see us getting past the first round, mind.

Eight at the moment, could be nine if we don't beat Dundee United next weekend, and there is a possibility of six more play off matches. Can't see us getting past the first round, mind.

You would have to win one of the playoff matches at each stage whether it's in the 90 mins, extra time or on pens..

Archived