Friendship with Criminals

Friendship with criminals  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just about to say.... "What's wrong with having a drink in the shower..., I mean, you're in there, splashing away, making sure your necks

clean, like your Mum always told you..., when all of a sudden you feel a bit thirsty, quickly splash out to the fridge, retrieve the bottle of Tasmanian

chardonnay, and quickly back into the shower case you get chilled"

Except....

long ago, I was a geek doing a very lucrative contract in an oil state. There were three of us geeks. We had a manager, who basically looked after

all our stuff, that wasn't technical. Smoothing over our *uck-ups, making sure the money came through from the client.

Until one day, we were all having a drink one evening in the local Sheraton, casual chat, when out pops from said manager....

"Yeah, I quite often wake up about 4 in the morning, and nip into the kitchen, pull out 4 or 5 Heinekens and...."

For the three of us, this was the "Oh sh*t" moment, when we knew we on our own. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone from Livingston has cloned my wife's bank card and spent £300 today on chocolate and tried to spend £200 in a spa. 

They must love their chocolate if they want to steal £300 from a super-middleweight! (ETA - and that just me, my wife is much scarier).

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Someone from Livingston has cloned my wife's bank card and spent £300 today on chocolate and tried to spend £200 in a spa. 

They must love their chocolate if they want to steal £300 from a super-middleweight! (ETA - and that just me, my wife is much scarier).

What was throbber's wife doing at the time of this?

Sex offences and personally robbing from me or other friends would be enough for me.

Most of my friends have criminal records, shit happens. Growing up in a council/ex council estate, gangs, the football in the late 80s, the rave scene, drug dealing etc pretty hard not to have at least one conviction.

If anybody happens to know any major drug dealers, I would appreciate if you would PM me their name, address and contact information so I know not to befriend them. You can never be too vigilant. Thank you.

I voted for severe non violent, things like fraud and burglary really bother me as well if they're fucking off normal individuals. Don't really care if they're stealing from a bank or a large company mind you.

I like how people on here are so hostile at the thought of a drunk driver that i may have at one point been friends with though, but anyone from rural Scotland, or anyone who has lived in a rural part of the world will know that attitudes in these places are different. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

If anybody happens to know any major drug dealers, I would appreciate if you would PM me their name, address and contact information so I know not to befriend them. You can never be too vigilant. Thank you.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/12+Ruel+St,+Glasgow+G44/@55.8226129,-4.262491,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_lmD1YKE1ty_Q-PqySn7Fg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x488846fc9a28b497:0x751001ef4e32de5f!8m2!3d55.8226098!4d-4.2625355!6m1!1e1

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I like how people on here are so hostile at the thought of a drunk driver that i may have at one point been friends with though, but anyone from rural Scotland, or anyone who has lived in a rural part of the world will know that attitudes in these places are different. 

That's a fair point.  Although my mate got done for it right in the middle of Inverness :lol: 

Its a fair point because theres no excuse for it in the town/city and you are putting more people at risk so its obviously more condemned. I doubt people were as outraged by it 10+ years ago though. 

Some jake from London hacked my wife's PayPal and eBay accounts last year, cost her around £500, got it all back through PayPal mind you. He was that smart though he had put his own delivery address on the stuff he was buying. Never did hear anything once it was passed to the police, they probably did nothing tbh! If he hadn't been in Tottenham I might have paid him a visit, I'm a shitebag though lol

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

That's actually true - drink driving's pretty much endemic out in the rural hinterland of Scotland. Understandable to an extent I suppose if there are four buses a day and the nearest pub's five miles away.

There's a lot less chance of being caught and a probably smaller chance of doing damage to someone else other than yourself - I know it's no justification when something tragic does happen - in the back of beyond.

The local polis seem a lot more laissez-faire in rural areas than they are in cities anyway - I can remember being at a lock-in in a pub somewhere in Galloway (it'd be unfair to name the place..the polis might still work there!). Apparently this happened there every weekend.

About three in the morning, I asked one of the punters I was with if the boozer ever got any hassle from the local polis:

"Ask them - they're sitting at that table over there..."

That was probably quite a while ago though as there has been an obvious crack down of it, I was talking about it in another thread but my father is one of those sort of old punters who complains that he just can't get away with going to the pub and driving home anymore because its not worth the risk and you just can't get away with it like you used to. Changed days I suppose.

19 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Some jake from London hacked my wife's PayPal and eBay accounts last year, cost her around £500, got it all back through PayPal mind you. He was that smart though he had put his own delivery address on the stuff he was buying. Never did hear anything once it was passed to the police, they probably did nothing tbh! If he hadn't been in Tottenham I might have paid him a visit, I'm a shitebag though lol

I'm a colossal heads gone merchant - got all the places they tried to order from so I'm hoping I can extract the exact delivery address tomorrow myself without needing to trouble the Police ;)

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

That was probably quite a while ago though as there has been an obvious crack down of it, I was talking about it in another thread but my father is one of those sort of old punters who complains that he just can't get away with going to the pub and driving home anymore because its not worth the risk and you just can't get away with it like you used to. Changed days I suppose.

A town in Ireland a few years back introduced a bye law to let you drive home hammered from the pub providing you kept the hazard lights on and kept below 10mph. The central government went apeshit at them. 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Long while ago actually - maybe '94 or '95 thinking of who I was out with.

Obviously there's absolutely no excuse in built-up areas and major settlements, but I'd be minded to cut a bit of slack to someone who lives in an isolated farm or whatever miles from the nearest village.

In the grand scheme of things it would probably be marginally less dangerous to drive home half-cut than it would be to walk back three or four miles along an unlit country road with no pavement - it's not like you can get the night bus home to some places.

If you've got pals, you've got pals.

If you've got pals who commit some random criminal act, they're probably not the pal you thought they were.

You ken the folks you cut about with. If they've been that bad, I'd say you need to have a look at both your moral compass and the blindingly obvious.

Archived