Friendship with Criminals

Friendship with criminals  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So a few things.

1. You weren't anything like mates with him at all. You saw him in a pub once and claimed he was your mate who you'd happily stay in touch with.

2. After reading the article, it says his girlfriend had dumped him long before but he repeatedly broke into her home and attacked her and her new partners in violent rages up until the day he brutally cut through her spinal cord with an axe before beating her with the hammer end. Yet you claim you'd rather spend time with him than someone who would throw a punch after a few pints?

3. You go to nightclubs on your own despite being middle aged.

I think you're a bigger nutter than the boy in your story.

1. I never said he was a friend. I referred to my scarce experience of encountering murderers.

2. My point was that people who have done one very bad thing can be better company than people who are continually arseholes. I also admitted he wasn't a very good example.

3. Not all nightclubs are for teenagers.

4. You take the internet far too seriously.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did know a guy who committed multiple armed robberies and ended up being deported from the UK.

He was American by birth, but his old man was born in the Republic and emigrated there, later joining the US Navy and meeting his Scottish mother over here, so he apparently qualified for three nationalities although he held an American passport. His old man died when he was about 18 or 19, upon which he and his mother came back here, which is where I got to know him.

He ended up living in London for a while, and by all accounts wasn't making ends meet down there. Sitting pished in the flat he shared with another guy originally from Glasgow one afternoon he had a brainwave, grabbed a water pistol and held up a local building society.

Over the next six months or so he did the same thing about four or five times before he finally got caught. The Met didn't exactly cover themselves with glory, as it couldn't have been THAT hard to hunt down the drunk long-haired American guy who only held up places within a couple of miles from where he lived...from what I heard they actually had one of the places he held up staked out and the cops were in the back having their tea while it happened...he even left a taxi running outside one of them while he held it up.

Anyway, crime doesn't pay - eventually - and he ended up getting bumped out of the country after a stretch in Brixton.

On 3/16/2017 at 16:19, deej said:

Refusal to acknowledge that "French Toast" is neither French, nor toasted, and is in fact called Eggy Bread

it's eggy bread in england.

this is not england

Archived