Junior Lowland Super League

AlanCamelonfan

Neither is a lot of things.Scottish Independence won't happen but people still talk about it.

If you want to have a debate about something that's not going to happen I suggest you stop calling posters that contribute, but have a different view to yourself arrogant and stupid.

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/03/2017 at 18:33, AlanCamelonfan said:

Neither is a lot of things.Scottish Independence won't happen but people still talk about it.

Agreed that a Junior Lowland Super League  won't happen. But as an alternative, will Bo'ness United follow up their interest in leaving the Juniors, with the Lowland League and presumably the SPFL as their goal ? I wouldn't bet against Clydebank doing likewise once Holm Park is redeveloped. 

Perhaps the SFA and the SLL will approve 2 additional teams for the SLL in 2018/19, to be reserved for Junior clubs, whilst at the same time, offering automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland/Lowland play-off winners, with the bottom club in Division Two being relegated automatically. This change would actually benefit relegated SPFL clubs, who would find it easier to regain their league status.  An 18 club Lowland League would provide 34 league games per season, rather than 30 as at present, which is nearer to the SPFL's current 36 league games for Division Two. (The Highland League currently has 18 teams)..

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

Agreed that a Junior Lowland Super League  won't happen. But as an alternative, will Bo'ness United follow up their interest in leaving the Juniors, with the Lowland League and presumably the SPFL as their goal ? I wouldn't bet against Clydebank doing likewise once Holm Park is redeveloped. 

Perhaps the SFA and the SLL will approve 2 additional teams for the SLL in 2018/19, to be reserved for Junior clubs, whilst at the same time, offering automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland/Lowland play-off winners, with the bottom club in Division Two being relegated automatically. This change would actually benefit relegated SPFL clubs, who would find it easier to regain their league status.  An 18 club Lowland League would provide 34 league games per season, rather than 30 as at present, which is nearer to the SPFL's current 36 league games for Division Two. (The Highland League currently has 18 teams)..

Why should junior clubs be given priority Robert?  I;d be pissed off if two junior clubs got in ahead of clubs already licenced.

Archived