Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir

Every team in the league know our weaknesses  so Stenhousemuir are certainties to score. We can expect high balls into the box along with deep crosses to the back post. With Andy Ryan missing l think we'll struggle to take anything from this game. 3 points for Steny. 

That's my only concern about Ryan he does get his fare share of bookings, on the other hand it does show passion and commitment

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty damning that nobody is expecting us, a full - time team, to get a result against the team who are bottom of the league. 

That's no disrespect to Stenny. You always deservedly body us and I am expecting the exact same here. 0 - 3 and Alan Cook to score at least a double. 

To be fair to us, we may be bottom of the league, but it's only because we had such a shit first quarter of the season. I don't think we play like a bottom of the league team, and indeed haven't done so since the start of December. 

Tend to agree with Beaver1 (unfortunately) since & not counting the last home game (10/12 the 0-5 game) in league performances:

Stenhousemuir 5W 6L 2D Loses coming from Alloa(2), East Fife(2), Queens Park & Livingston, Wins against Airdrie, Peterhead(2), Stranraer & Albion Rovers, draws Brechin & Rovers

Airdrieonians 3W 8L 1D Loses coming from Livingston (2), Queens Park, Alloa, Brechin, Stenny, Rovers & Stranraer, Wins against Stranraer, Peterhead & Rovers, East Fife draw

So QP aside Stenny only beaten by top 3 & beaten or drawn with all the teams immediately above, Airdrie beaten by bottom 3 including Stenny, narrow wins against Rovers & stranraer, scrapped draw with EF & fantastic second half against Peterhead.

Shocking stats for a full time team aiming for promotion.

Don't hold out much hope for this one but also welcome opportunity to be proved wrong (again).

HE'S COMING FOR YOU, ALLAN COOOOOK HE'S COMING FOR YOU

I think every Airdrie and Warriors fan expects us to win this one and that folks is why the home side will prevail. It's the Stenny Way I'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, Neilly said:

HE'S COMING FOR YOU, ALLAN COOOOOK HE'S COMING FOR YOU

I think every Airdrie and Warriors fan expects us to win this one and that folks is why the home side will prevail. It's the Stenny Way I'm afraid.

Airdrie are a poor excuse for a football team never mind one that's full time. 

Stenny to win by 2 goals that's the Airdrie way.

We were exceptionally poor on Tuesday.

Hutton back in the team is a big plus if Wilson selects the correct team. Should go 3 at the back.

Leitch was very poor against Brechin mind you most team were and what's happened with McLaughlin surely should merit a place on the bench.

So we're in the middle of our worst 5 game stretch of the league season where we've won only 1 game and lost 4.    We've managed to lose 14 goals in our last 5 games too.   What do we do to stem the tide?

Maybe we could play 3 at the back and 3 up top?   

Rohan

McGregor, Mensing, Gorman

McIntosh, Hutton, Conroy, McDonald

Stewart

Ryan, Russell

11 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

It's got to be a 442 for me. Straight forward, and everybody should know how to play it. Then again, it's our lot we're talking about.

<sarcasm>442 has been working well lately and we have the players to play it?</sarcasm>

I understand that's the default formation but our genius dinosaur pundit/DoF has already hit that switch spectacularly unsuccessfully.

In fairness Archibald played a 442 like we'd never seen and Sandy Stewart got us promoted with a creative but solid 442 but the current staff and players have no idea how to execute it well.

Archived