Airdrieonians -vs- Stenhousemuir

This should be a pretty interesting game. Stenhousemuir really seem to be Airdrieonians' bogey club over the last couple of seasons and we bodied them on the last two meetings, winning 5-0 and 4-2 and really looking the part in the process. Now, as we approach the year's final encounter between the sides, the Warriors look in even better shape, while the Mark Wilson's Diamonds are stinking out the joint just now. What can possibly go wrong?

I'm always nervous about facing Airdrie but this match is absolutely doable and given our form and recent success I'd be disappointed not to win the match. I wasn't at the weekend's game at Alloa Athletic but, by all accounts, we were pretty decent and probably worth a point.

Win here and we could climb as high as eighth! Heady times indeed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be going, but more in hope than in expectation of getting a result.  No disrespect to Stenny -  they're a club I like -  but with the disparity in resources available, that's a grim situation to be in. 

Am I right in thinking Andy Ryan is suspended?  

2 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

I will be going, but more in hope than in expectation of getting a result.  No disrespect to Stenny -  they're a club I like -  but with the disparity in resources available, that's a grim situation to be in. 

Am I right in thinking Andy Ryan is suspended?  

Goddamn, I really hope that's the case. It's extraordinary to see someone playing so well in such a stuttering team, especially at this level. Andy Ryan's been the best striker in the division this season and if he's missing, I think that'll increase our chances of winning (or not getting beat) by some distance.

Ridiculous as it is, this is a game we should be winning. If for no other reason than the prospect of Mason Robertson vs Rohan Ferguson. Oh, and Alan Cook vs the Airdrie right back. Oh, and Willis vs the Airdrie left back. Assuming Willis plays of course.

Realise we are bottom, but we are a team on form. Airdrie are not.

4 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Ridiculous as it is, this is a game we should be winning. If for no other reason than the prospect of Mason Robertson vs Rohan Ferguson. Oh, and Alan Cook vs the Airdrie right back. Oh, and Willis vs the Airdrie left back. Assuming Willis plays of course.

Agree about form etc but as Saint and greavsie said ? The first goal will decide the game but I fear it could be your side. I have predicted we will not have another clean sheet and having overtaken you in goals conceded, we need to be up and ready from the start. Alan Cook got a fairly raw deal when here but I do hope he is off the pace on Saturday. No doubt we'll revisit this on Saturday night. I think our manager and DOF are terrible and have a lot to answer for but maybe the players will want to show a bit of pride after the tankings from Stenny.

2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Am I missing something? Have you not won just one of your last five games?

Admittedly so have we, but I don't see how that makes you "on form".

If we take anything from this game it just delays the inevitable. As much as I'd like to sneak up via the play offs- this mob don't have 4 half decent games in them to navigate the play offs so just get beat and let's get Wilson the Fvck and get someone in that knows what they're doing.

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

The way I'm feeling, the only reason I'll have for going on Saturday is to launch my season ticket at that fuckwit Wilson and that'll me done for this season.

I assume you mean if we lose? I have a lot of sympathy at your frustration but TW keeps your money and you don't get the chance to have a second or third go!  I just can't bear staying away from the chat around me and it gets me out of the house.

While I don't think we're in tremendous form per se, I think we're playing quite well at the moment, better than at any other point in the season, and we have solid options in reserve if we need to change it up.

Keep doing what we're doing and we'll be alright, I'd reckon.

I'll be there on Saturday and as my prediction for the Rovers game proved I haven't a clue what I'm talking about, I think we'll be doing well to get a draw. Heads are down and the players don't look like they want to play for Wiilson. I'm only going because I'm a tight git and have already paid for season ticket so not wasting money

30 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

I'll be there on Saturday and as my prediction for the Rovers game proved I haven't a clue what I'm talking about, I think we'll be doing well to get a draw. Heads are down and the players don't look like they want to play for Wiilson. I'm only going because I'm a tight git and have already paid for season ticket so not wasting money

Wilson has lost the fans AND the dressing room.  

Every team in the league know our weaknesses  so Stenhousemuir are certainties to score. We can expect high balls into the box along with deep crosses to the back post. With Andy Ryan missing l think we'll struggle to take anything from this game. 3 points for Steny. 

Archived