Mark Wilson V Kevin McBride

Since taking over as Airdrie Manager from Kevin McBride who'd won 3 of his last 4 games when he was sacked, these are their league head to head stats this season: -

McBride P11 - W5 - D2 - L4 - GF19 - GA18 - GD+1 - Points 17 from 33

Wilson P17 - W7 - D1 - L9 - GF27 - GA37 - GD-10 - Points 22 from 51

Interestingly Wilson won his first 3 games in charge and we scored 5 and lost 2 goals, the 3rd of those games Fitzpatrick was injured and has been since and we've won on 4 games taking 13 points from 42 and losing 35 goals while scoring only 22.

More worryingly as a full time team, these are the stats from our last 11 games to compare to our first 11 under McBride: -

P11 - W3 - D1 - L7 - GF18 - GA26 - GD-8, Points 10 from 33

4 minutes ago, rough diamond said:

Since taking over as Airdrie Manager from Kevin McBride who'd won 3 of his last 4 games when he was sacked, these are their league head to head stats this season: -

McBride P11 - W5 - D2 - L4 - GF19 - GA18 - GD+1 - Points 17 from 33

Wilson P17 - W7 - D1 - L9 - GF27 - GA37 - GD-10 - Points 22 from 51

Interestingly Wilson won his first 3 games in charge and we scored 5 and lost 2 goals, the 3rd of those games Fitzpatrick was injured and has been since and we've won on 4 games taking 13 points from 42 and losing 35 goals while scoring only 22.

More worryingly as a full time team, these are the stats from our last 11 games to compare to our first 11 under McBride: -

P11 - W3 - D1 - L7 - GF18 - GA26 - GD-8, Points 10 from 33

Thanks for that info. which backs up much of what I thought. We now have the highest goals against in the League and I am trying to think of a season when it was as bad even under JImmy Boyle. Can't be bothered just now lookin at the archives but a "management review" must already know these details. Maybe Fitzpatrick was much better than many posters thought in terms of defensive shape? We rarely play any ground football under MW but last nights possession stats gave us 59%, most of which was meaningless. Even ryan got himself booked for a frustrated chasing back tackle last night because he had so little support and balls at headheight to chase. If we get an offer for him he will be keen to go!

Checked the archives and at the end of the season our highest conceding of goals was 89 under Jimmy Boyle in that "promoted" to Div 1 season but relegated in 2012-13. In the 'lower" division of the League we are in just now it maxed at 60 on 2 occasions, but tended to average mid 40s. The best season was when we managed 34 in 2007-8 but lost out in play offs to Clyde. With 8 games to go I suspect  we will be in the mid 60s. Desperately hope we score enough to stay up mind you.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:22, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for that info. which backs up much of what I thought. We now have the highest goals against in the League and I am trying to think of a season when it was as bad even under JImmy Boyle. Can't be bothered just now lookin at the archives but a "management review" must already know these details. Maybe Fitzpatrick was much better than many posters thought in terms of defensive shape? We rarely play any ground football under MW but last nights possession stats gave us 59%, most of which was meaningless. Even ryan got himself booked for a frustrated chasing back tackle last night because he had so little support and balls at headheight to chase. If we get an offer for him he will be keen to go!

He'll end up at us to replace Buchanan end of season I reckon

Doubt he'll be going anywhere, mainly because the clubs who will be interested in him - lower/middle Championship clubs - are unlikely to be able/willing to pay any transfer fee. 

Plus his worth to us in possibly getting promoted next year would be more than the meagre transfer fee that we would get anyway.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He'll end up at us to replace Buchanan end of season I reckon

I told them that months ago.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

where is buchanan going ?

He hasn't signed for next season yet so don't know. Maybe he wants to test the waters and see who is interested. Would easily still score 15+ goals in the Championship,  surprised the likes of QoS or Raith haven't come in for him.

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I told them that months ago.

He hasn't signed for next season yet so don't know. Maybe he wants to test the waters and see who is interested. Would easily still score 15+ goals in the Championship,  surprised the likes of QoS or Raith haven't come in for him.

Waiting to make sure you go back up possibly , I hope we keep him waiting right to the end ;)

Obviously Carrick is the easiest option to replace Buchanan but I honestly wouldn't be bothered to see Mullen go. Keep Todorov if possible, Carrick too and pick up Ryan. [emoji3] 

Can you afford to pay for Ryan?

Signed a 2 year deal is all so unless you have the funds your shit out of luck.

18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Obviously Carrick is the easiest option to replace Buchanan but I honestly wouldn't be bothered to see Mullen go. Keep Todorov if possible, Carrick too and pick up Ryan. :D 

Mullen has just signed a contract extension for next season, would be happy to keep Buchanan and Carrick and add a target man too so we have 4 strikers for next season, Toderov isn't one I'd want to keep. 

Archived