Stranraer v Livingston

Looking forward to this one to see if the blues can maintain their recent progress.We fought out a draw at the Macaroni recently and with home advantage a good game is forecast.The last time we played Livi at Stair pk we were very unfortunate not to get something out of the game and unbeaten in 7 going into this,confidence is much higher.We lose Morgyn Neil due to obvious reasons,but the good news is well rated Liam Dick comes back after suspension and the defence who have conceded only 5 in 7 games will be fine with Craig Pettigrew coming in for Neil and Captain Steven Bell sitting in front of the back 4.Looks like Future star Kyle Turner will probably play in place of Mickey Donald,so the scene is set.The visitors could well win,but recent form suggests Stranraer will make this very hard for the Lions,and hopefully a good Stair pk crowd will roar us to victory.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's Neill been getting on?

Not sure why but not the most confident for this one, think we'll get another draw. Would be interesting (for the wrong reasons from a Livi POV) if we lost this and Alloa win, means the gap goes down to 4 points, down from 12 in the space of a month. Starting to get the fear :lol:

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Not sure why but not the most confident for this one, think we'll get another draw. Would be interesting (for the wrong reasons from a Livi POV) if we lost this and Alloa win, means the gap goes down to 4 points, down from 12 in the space of a month. Starting to get the fear :lol:

Morgyn Neil has been doing really well at the heart of the defence and seems a no nonsense defender,I think we'll miss him on Saturday but we have cover for the defence.

Tough tough game this, Stranraer on a great run at the moment and we were fortunate as the op says in the last game at Stairs. 

The last game between the sides finished 0-0 too so nothing in this i dont think, it'll be decided by the odd goal, can't see either team running away with things. 

Certainly a big weekend in the title race with us at Stranaer and Alloa at East Fife, I think a draw here wouldn't be a bad result if we followed it with a win on Tuesday night. 

Wouldnt be against the same team starting that started last week, thought we played pretty well just couldn't find the net. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Let the mind games begin  JG comments on BBC about title race

"They're certainly in the driving seat, it's theirs to lose, but if they're going to win the league then they'll have to go and get it. We won't hand it to them."

"If they go and lose on Saturday and we win then it's down to four and we have to play each other"

Would love it if we won the title against Alloa in 5 games time, the build up to that game would be exciting. A Buchanan hattrick in that game would just top it off.  Not lost to any of the teams we've to play in our next 6 games, and we're still playing well so I can't see us chucking it away.

3 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Morgyn Neil has been doing really well at the heart of the defence and seems a no nonsense defender,I think we'll miss him on Saturday but we have cover for the defence.

Good stuff, hasn't really had a chance at Livi yet, would pair him and Halkett as or CB partnership next season if Gallagher is heading down South to play, to get a new start. Reckon they'd do well together.

18 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Looking forward to this one as long as livi don't lose that's fine by me is there any good pubs or a social club in Stranraer since I'll have some time to kill.

Visit our social club " The Fitba Bar " which is in the centre of the town and welcome travelling supporters 

16 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

1-0 Stranraer. Morgyn Neil to be immense and Livi to be a horrendous mess.

The only thing that is a mess at Livi (on the playing side of things) is our pitch. I may be wrong but i'm starting to think you'd love it if Livi didn't win the league and failed to get promotion.

6 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Can't play sadly,not suspended he's on loan from you guys,catch up AND.

He doesn't go to Livi games now, mustn't follow things too closely from afar either, Neill wasn't allowed to play in the 0-0 draw when we last played Stranraer either.

Would love it if we won the title against Alloa in 5 games time, the build up to that game would be exciting. A Buchanan hattrick in that game would just top it off.  Not lost to any of the teams we've to play in our next 6 games, and we're still playing well so I can't see us chucking it away.

Famous last words lol.

Archived