Cowden v montrose

A huge opportunity wasted to get 3 much needed points and keep some pressure on Clyde and Edinburgh City.

If you guys don't get anything from Clyde I fear that may be game over.

Cowden will probably need to win at least 4 games from 8 to have any chance of staying up now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

clearly Gavin Ross hasn't been to Central Park recently.

Gavin Ross who gave you the "penalty" in our last meeting at Links then sent off Gary Fraser? He refereed our recent game against Edinburgh City. Gave them a VERY soft penalty and showed Fraser Mullen a straight red card for dissent.

5 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

A huge opportunity wasted to get 3 much needed points and keep some pressure on Clyde and Edinburgh City.

If you guys don't get anything from Clyde I fear that may be game over.

Cowden will probably need to win at least 4 games from 8 to have any chance of staying up now.

No thanks going to happen.

play offs it is

After a promising showing against Elgin we came back down to earth with a bump today. Apart from Sneddon nobody had a decent game IMO. We kept punting the ball forward in windy conditions when it needed to be played on the ground. Montrose did what they needed to do and did it very comfortably.

Sadly we have a very poor squad thanks to a succession of poor signing over recent seasons. No real quality in our team and nobody who can turn a game or provide a little bit of creativity. We are far too predictable and easy to play against because of this.

Nobody will be throwing the towel in but Locke needs to be looking towards a very tough play-off game and getting the team solid and resilient. Another game of rotten football to have to suffer today .

That was 90 mins of utter shit today. Montrose were stronger and more organised. What did we do in against a physical team but bring on Moore. And to score goals, CJ.

No complaints about the result today and none of the application from the last two games at all. Barely a shot on goal. Montrose had few more but totally deserved their win.

That was 90 mins of utter shit today. Montrose were stronger and more organised. What did we do in against a physical team but bring on Moore. And to score goals, CJ.

I agreed with bringing Moore on. We needed to change tactics and playing with 2 wingers to run at the Montrose back line was what I wanted to see.

Then again I forgot that we just changed formation but kept the same hoofball tactics.

I am not saying there was a better option but he is not going to to add anything physical on a day where even renton struggled.

On that note Renton was handled well for the first time this season and never had a sniff. Fair play to Montrose for that.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Gavin Ross who gave you the "penalty" in our last meeting at Links then sent off Gary Fraser? He refereed our recent game against Edinburgh City. Gave them a VERY soft penalty and showed Fraser Mullen a straight red card for dissent.

Fraser Mullen was acting the p***k all game and the inevitable happened late on. If one person is to blame it wasn't the ref that night. 

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Fraser Mullen was acting the p***k all game and the inevitable happened late on. If one person is to blame it wasn't the ref that night. 

I don't know what Mullen said to the ref but you surely can't be saying that Gavin Ross had a good game. How many bookings were handed out? It wasn't a dirty game.

2 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I don't know what Mullen said to the ref but you surely can't be saying that Gavin Ross had a good game. How many bookings were handed out? It wasn't a dirty game.

Aye, Ross was shite that night! So I'll give you that!  

Mullen called him an effing cheat which although verging on the accurate wasn't clever.... 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Aye, Ross was shite that night! So I'll give you that!  

Mullen called him an effing cheat which although verging on the accurate wasn't clever.... 

Anyway, I think we all agree the general point.

Seen all the games against Montrose and up until yesterday they'd  been the poorest team we've played. Their defence was really solid, fullbacks both played well. I'd take them both. Their No5 handled Renton well, although he was lucky with a couple of his tackles. A stronger ref would have given at least one penalty. He pushed a Cowden player with both hands right in front of him. 

Not that it matters that much, we'd probably have missed it anyway.

Pity they didn't bring Muirhead on.

Anyway, well done Montrose.

Archived