Cowden v montrose

4 points behind and a worse goal difference. The 2 above us play each other so at least 1 is guaranteed points. 

Realistically we have to win this 1. 

Could do with a decent crowd and more backing of the players. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am stunned we lost the last encounter and we have taken more points from Montrose than anyone else this season.

Hopefully we can continue the momentum from the last two games and lick up another 3 points.

Same 11 as Tuesday.

We've been defensively messy the last few games so a little nervous looking ahead to Saturday. I think we're well safe now so if a Montrose loss draws Clyde into the relegation scrap it'll be a silver lining [emoji23]

Felt last week at home to Stirling the manager was trying a few things and players out for next season. Didn't really work.
Still think we need another win but as jd points out above, I'm sure I'll get over any loss.

I agree SP has been trying things out in recent games but with Cowden picking up points now with a new Manager they actually look like they can escape the dreaded. They have two remaining games against Clyde if memory serves me correct so there is no doubt Clyde are in trouble. Montrose could yet be dragged in as well so we could do with another win to be more comfortable. That means fielding a solid starting eleven on Saturday against a team we've not done well against this season and as I recall on a poor Central Park surface which is probably no better than last time we were there. Time to dig in for a point and delay any more experimenting until a few more safety points are on the board. At present I think it's looking like Clyde are eyeing up 10th spot unless they can halt the freefall they are in - and, they have Montrose as the last fixture, at Links Park.

15 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Mind games? Hope we both are come May.

Do you really think we will win 5 from 9 with you not taking a single point? (4 would actually do it due to the goal difference swing)

Clyde would also have to win a few which looks unlikely and as we play Clyde twice the bottoms two teams will drop points in these two games as well.

Montrose are safe.

I said before the Elgin game that I'd be satisfied with a draw - for this match I'm only satisfied with a win.  Players may be tired after the midweek match but we need to try and build some momentum before the Clyde match.  Fingers crossed we have a team at the ground an hour before kick off this time :lol:

3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Mind games? Hope we both are come May.

Genuinely, Montrose are safe. You are not going to lose every game left. Just make sure you lose on Saturday.

53 minutes ago, PELE said:

Genuinely, Montrose are safe. You are not going to lose every game left. Just make sure you lose on Saturday.

If we get off bottom then as long as they win their last game (home to Clyde) then I'll be happy enough!

Montrose need two more wins to be certain of safety.

I have always liked Cowden as a club and admired their rise up the leagues (even if you seem to be paying a very heavy price for it now), so I hope you survive. Preferably your winning surge begins after this weekend.

I'm still hoping for a Berwick collapse and then Arsenal-style humiliation at the hands of EK in the play off.

Hope the weather eases for tomorrow.

Really hope we start putting away our chances. We are still missing too many good chances. Would have beat Elgin if we had been more clinical.

16 minutes ago, PELE said:

Hope the weather eases for tomorrow.

Really hope we start putting away our chances. We are still missing too many good chances. Would have beat Elgin if we had been more clinical.

Been raining most of the day in Aberdeen (still is!) Surely not another pitch inspection.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Been raining most of the day in Aberdeen (still is!) Surely not another pitch inspection.

The game should be ok. Just miserable for spectating.

Archived