East Five v Alloa

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pencils said:

Dire game.

Stuff shouted towards Goodwin was an utter embarrassment.

I shudder to think.

Away draw against a form side seems a decent result to me, and we're still unbeaten in seven. Entirely reasonable continuation of our good form. How did we look?

I shudder to think.
Away draw against a form side seems a decent result to me, and we're still unbeaten in seven. Entirely reasonable continuation of our good form. How did we look?

I thought we looked okay against a decent team. Probably had the better chances. East Fife best chances were shots from range.

What sort of stuff was shouted?

He took Spence off and got a barrage of abuse of a couple folk. Jim seemed to get his back up when someone shouted "should be the big Diddy coming off" referring to Mackin I think. All he shouted back was that he scored last week and was Motm and in turn one individual spent the next 10 minutes hounding Jim and shouting some pretty personal stuff towards him. Was shocking.

He took Spence off and got a barrage of abuse of a couple folk. Jim seemed to get his back up when someone shouted "should be the big Diddy coming off" referring to Mackin I think. All he shouted back was that he scored last week and was Motm and in turn one individual spent the next 10 minutes hounding Jim and shouting some pretty personal stuff towards him. Was shocking.

Disgraceful. Some idiots clearly.

We've just won four in a row and got a draw away to an in form East Fife ffs.

I am getting a bit bored saying this but the standard of referee is dreadful, today for BOTH teams. The referre was like a little boy lost on the park and it looked extremely unlikely that he had ever kicked a ball himself before in his life, and ably unassisted by his assistants.

Taking 4 points out of the last 2 games, Alloa and Livingston is very good though. The guys are battling for each other and well done to Kane and Brown for changing position today in the absence of Pagey and playing very well.

the pies like you said are good , nice staff. enjoyed my day out at bayview today

Oh the game ...well played east fife, kept us from really getting any clear cut chances and barry has them really well organised

we didnt click today at all but most of that down to EF really, thought mckeown was not so good today , I think Marr deserves a shot again feel for him a bit ,

I thought jim was right to take spence off, he was off the boil today but so was mackin. would not want to be a manager .

yeah some fans are never happy eh? some of the shouts were cringeworthy!! we are doing well , jim is still learning we have not lost for ages now happy with a point today

all things considered.

The abuse directed to the manager today from some fans was an absolute embarrassment. On the back of 4 straight wins surely the manager deserves more respect than that after making what was a tactical switch.

It was a tight hard fought game with very few chances for either side but it was a reasonable enough call to put on a tough defensive midfielder when we were creating very little for the strikers. 

Sad as the management team deserve better. 

Actually thought that this was one of those 0-0 games that was actually quite good, thought we shaded the first half and Alloa the second, but if both sets of fans are honest there wasn't much in the way of scoring chances for either side, Paterson's header in the second half should have been a goal as it was the only time that their keeper was beaten but he put it wide, the same with Hurst for us, don't think he was troubled too much throughout the game!!!

Have to agree about the referee, the standard in this division is atrocious and it seems to get worse on a weekly basis!!!

Thought both Duggan and Smith looked out of sorts, you know they can do so much better and it was disappointing that both weren't really at the races today!!!

Again Alloa impressed me, they have no superstars but the really click as a team, I think it's because they just seem to do the simple thing, beat a man, draw a man, pass the ball and it really works!!!

Highlight of the day was obviously Spence throwing the dummy out the pram at being subbed, for a team with no superstars he obviously thinks he is one with that attitude, think the Goodwin of a couple of seasons ago would have smacked him in the mouth for that, the guys obviously maturing as a manager!!!

Does this one get a Choo-Choo???

A clean sheet at a difficult place to go would normally be a very positive result but with Livi winning then it takes the shine off it.

I thought Frank was outstanding at the back today and Holmes in midfield. A difficult game for our flair players to have any influence on although I think the weather helped a well drilled East Fife side as well.

The abuse Jim got was out of order. It was the right move to do as it strengthened the midfield and Mackin brings others into play more as Spence plays off the last man. I thought when Mackin was subbed off that we fell out the game as we didn't have a presence up front.

26 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Actually thought that this was one of those 0-0 games that was actually quite good, thought we shaded the first half and Alloa the second, but if both sets of fans are honest there wasn't much in the way of scoring chances for either side, Paterson's header in the second half should have been a goal as it was the only time that their keeper was beaten but he put it wide, the same with Hurst for us, don't think he was troubled too much throughout the game!!!

Have to agree about the referee, the standard in this division is atrocious and it seems to get worse on a weekly basis!!!

Thought both Duggan and Smith looked out of sorts, you know they can do so much better and it was disappointing that both weren't really at the races today!!!

Again Alloa impressed me, they have no superstars but the really click as a team, I think it's because they just seem to do the simple thing, beat a man, draw a man, pass the ball and it really works!!!

Highlight of the day was obviously Spence throwing the dummy out the pram at being subbed, for a team with no superstars he obviously thinks he is one with that attitude, think the Goodwin of a couple of seasons ago would have smacked him in the mouth for that, the guys obviously maturing as a manager!!!

Does this one get a Choo-Choo???

Toot toot. ?

Not much to add to KKs summary, other than it looked from an hour in that BOTH managers were more than happy with a draw. Not losing was far more important than winning. Hats off to Chris Kane, shoved in CB role again, and handled it superbly, aided by a confident Kerr. Restricted Spence to that on clear chance just before HT. Otherwise, handled everything superbly. Scott Robinson also gets a plus mark from me.

4 points from 6 against the top 2 is a good return and now both of those games are out of the way.

Our run in looks favourable on paper but still plenty work ahead and a win over Brechin next week would be a huge 3 points.

It looks as though it's going to be between ourselves, Brechin, Airdrie and Queens Park to fill the last 2 play off spots.

Archived