March Madness 2017

MSU

First Four mini-bracket of the NCAA Basketball Championships underway tonight with New Orleans and St Mary's putting up a feisty affair. My beloved Michigan State Spartans don't enter the fray until Friday against Miami and will be lucky to make it much further beyond that considering Kansas will probably be waiting. Kinda hope the Wolverines do well considering not even a plane crash wasn't enough to stop them winning the Big 10. Either way, loves me some college hoops.

4 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

I've got £10 on UCLA. Lonzo Ball is just a winner.

UCLA are a pretty strong 3rd ranked team, worth a punt. If they can get by Kentucky in the Sweet 16, they've got to have a chance against North Carolina.

Have the next four days off like every year. About to head to the bar. Planning on going to Buffalo on Saturday for West Virginia vs. Notre Dame / Princeton assuming we win round one.

My Final Four is Duke, Arizona, Kansas, and UCLA with UCLA winning.

Great to see Northwestern record their first ever March Madness win, edging out Vanderbilt. Gonzaga next for them on Saturday. 

And my divisional head announced today that games will be on the massive screens in the conference area at work until the end of the tourney. Free chips and dip.  Happy days. 

20 hours ago, Deplorable said:

Have the next four days off like every year. About to head to the bar. Planning on going to Buffalo on Saturday for West Virginia vs. Notre Dame / Princeton assuming we win round one.

My Final Four is Duke, Arizona, Kansas, and UCLA with UCLA winning.

Enjoy Buffalo, it's a beautiful place......

Saw the highlights of Vanderbilt game this morning on the new, absolute heads gone moment from that Fisher-Davies guy

This MSU v Miami game isn't good for my nerves. Start off with a foul in 2 seconds, turn the ball over 7 times in the first few minutes, fail to get inside for about 8 minutes, are down 10 - 0 and go 12 behind shortly after. And then somehow we get a rhythm, get inside, finish the half 11 points up playing some great stuff.

Loves me some college hoops.

Couple of cracking games today sees both Carolinas through to the Final Four. Gonzaga v South Carolina, North Carolina v Oregon. No real preference here, but it would make for an interesting final if it's North v South Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...

Was very fortunate to get to attend this with a road trip from hell to get there and back.  Travelled with clothing for 85 degree desert temperatures and had to drive through the Arizona and new Mexico mountains where the weather was low 20 s and snowing. Game was blaa with the referees screwing both teams and our ok seats were about 150 yards from the court.  Nice to be with the winning teams fans so it's one crossed off the must do list although I would go again if the opportunity ever came up.

I'd love to go to a March Madness game or one of the Bowl games. Had a chance to get a ticket for my MSU Spartans vs Iowa in Indianapolis in 2015, but it was just ever so slightly too far to travel on a Sunday night.

Archived