A question for Yes voters.The EURO?

Romeo

Not had time to listen to my usual dose of radio 4 today but John Humphries was banging on about us having the Euro (being forced to have the Euro) when I was on the way to work this morning.

I don't see the issue, if we are in the EU, we have the euro.

Other thoughts?

Pros & Cons?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not had time to listen to my usual dose of radio 4 today but John Humphries was banging on about us having the Euro (being forced to have the Euro) when I was on the way to work this morning.

Other thoughts?

Pros & Cons?

So, cheap holidays for us but not for the RUK?

55 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Other thoughts?

Pros & Cons?

Has John Humphries not heard about the ERM II, or was he simply instructed not to talk about that? BBC battle mode in full gear already, perhaps.

I would prefer we have our own currency. I think Andrew Wilson has been working on this.

And it would be perfectly compatible with eu membership. Sick of hearing this you have to join the euro pash!!

A Scots currency will allow a Scottish central bank to fluctuate supply based on the need of our economy.

However. I would accept the euro. It will make travel in the eurozone even more of a skoosh. Definitely preferable to sharing the GBP

1 hour ago, Fide said:

To be honest, I couldn't give a chimpanzee's arsehole if the currency in an iScotland was Irn Bru bottle caps, we'll make whatever situation we're in work.

Pretty much this. Who actually cares what the currency you're using is called? Very few, I suspect.

We could fix the Bawbag and 100 Cuntos against a basket of stable currencies for a brief period until our awesome financial stability and power is internationally recognised and envied.

The currency thing is a bit of a straw man and a fair few fell for it last time.

No idea why a fiscally prudent Scotland can't adopt its own currency.  It works for Sweden, eg.  OK so we have a smaller economy and it may be a barrier to EU (re)entry but if I was the (unelected) FM I'd look to establishing some variation of the Groat in an independent Scotland.

Archived