The No campaign

Londonwell

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

'New Direction'

It's coming.

Cynical and possibly drunk ad man who thinks this will get the young ones behind the Union fleg, surely? 

Must have been gutted that Union J was already being used by a boy band.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Off topic but quite enjoyed Angry Salmond and Wings having a tiff the other week. 

Think I missed that. Hopefully independence will mean the end of Wings as a 'useful' ally.

Think I missed that. Hopefully independence will mean the end of Wings as a 'useful' ally.

Wings just started moaning about Angry Salmond making constant digs after AS slagged him for his edgy comments about David Mindel and his son.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Wings just started moaning about Angry Salmond making constant digs after AS slagged him for his edgy comments about David Mindel and his son.

I think Wings has fallen out w/ most prominent pro-Indy commentators. His work on politics - research and comment is excellent but he should stick to that. He should keep clear of comment on sexual politics, Gaelic, Hillsoborough and anything else he's said that could be construed as backward. I don't read him very often these days but I understand his website has a huge readership, not least by mainstream journos and opposition politicians.

I think Wings has fallen out w/ most prominent pro-Indy commentators. His work on politics - research and comment is excellent but he should stick to that. He should keep clear of comment on sexual politics, Gaelic, Hillsoborough and anything else he's said that could be construed as backward. I don't read him very often these days but I understand his website has a huge readership, not least by mainstream journos and opposition politicians.

If he'd stuck to what he was good at his place in the indy movement would be unquestioned but it's at that point now where he is obviously widely read but people can't acknowledge they do because the author's name is (quite rightly) mud.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

If he'd stuck to what he was good at his place in the indy movement would be unquestioned but it's at that point now where he is obviously widely read but people can't acknowledge they do because the author's name is (quite rightly) mud.

I'll gladly acknowledge that I read his stuff all the time, his ability to show pro union commentators up for the bullshitters/charlatans/liars that they are is second to none anywhere on the web, thankfully I'm not on twitter to read the nonsense he puts out on it, if I held some of the views he appears to hold on various issues there's no way my ego would allow me to put them out there for the world to see.

Archived