Scottish Cup 2017/18

mrman2011

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

The guy who runs the Fraserburgh supporters club has Rangers memorabilia all over his house so I think it is fair to say there will be some locals in the away end.

No need for them to go into the away end.  They can just go to the home sections and openly support the bigots as the only folk in danger of being thrown out are any Fraserburgh supporters complaining about them. That's the way it works.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Yes. We played Hearts EIGHT times in 78-79. 

Four league games, a two-legged League Cup tie and a Scottish Cup tie which went to a reply. The only one we lost was the cup replay, where my avatar scored the only goal of the game.

Hearts + Hibs met 11 times in 1899-00.

2 Scottish League, 2 Inter City League, 2 East Scotland League, 2 Scottish Cup (R2 + rep), 1 East of Scotland Shield (Final), 2 Rosebery Cup (Final + rep).

Sat 19 Aug         ESL    Hearts 3-1 Hibs         8,000
Sat 28 Oct           SL      Hibs 1-0 Hearts         9,000
Sat 25 Nov          SL      Hearts 1-3 Hibs         7,500
Mon 1 Jan          ICL     Hearts 3-3 Hibs         6,500
Sat 27 Jan           SC      Hearts 1-1 Hibs     14,000
Sat 3 Feb             SC      Hibs 1-3 Hearts     12,000
Mon 16 Apr      ICL     Hibs 0-0 Hearts         5,500
Sat 5 May          ESS     Hibs 3-0 Hearts         7,000
Sat 12 May       ESL     Hibs 0-0 Hearts         4,000
Sat 19 May        RC      Hibs 3-3 Hearts         4,000
Wed 23 May     RC     Hearts 3-0 Hibs          (at St Bernard's)

5 hours ago, Owsley said:

Every year it's the same on here, shite draw, re-draw, same teams etc. Some seem pissed that they didn't get Real Madrid or PSG. Scottish teams in playing each other in cup shocker.

Motherwell-Accies should be on tv but it'll be, probably rightly given the romance aspect, Fraserburgh v Rangers.

It's ridiculous. It could be literally any combination of teams and folk on here would be falling over themselves to claim how boring the draw was. Why not just contain yourselves to the Champions League so you can all watch Real Madrid play Borussia Dortmund for the 6th time in 8 years?

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

It's ridiculous. It could be literally any combination of teams and folk on here would be falling over themselves to claim how boring the draw was. Why not just contain yourselves to the Champions League so you can all watch Real Madrid play Borussia Dortmund for the 6th time in 8 years?

Aye, it might be that everyone wants to call the Scottish Cup boring for no apparent reason.

Alternatively, it could be down to the blatantly obvious fact that almost half the ties in the draw consisted of teams from the same division drawing each other, a situation which is quite obviously exceptionally boring for every sane fan of every team involved and those fans are therefore accurately describing their shite, boring draws as being boring and shite, with the significant number of clubs suffering that fate meaning a significant number of fans feel that way.

Just a hunch, but I think I might be onto something.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, it might be that everyone wants to call the Scottish Cup boring for no apparent reason.

Alternatively, it could be down to the blatantly obvious fact that almost half the ties in the draw consisted of teams from the same division drawing each other, a situation which is quite obviously exceptionally boring for every sane fan of every team involved and those fans are therefore accurately describing their shite, boring draws as being boring and shite, with the significant number of clubs suffering that fate meaning a significant number of fans feel that way.

Just a hunch, but I think I might be onto something.

OK. And what about every other Scottish Cup draw ever made where you'll still find folk complaining about how 'boring' the draw is?

12 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

OK. And what about every other Scottish Cup draw ever made where you'll still find folk complaining about how 'boring' the draw is?

Go to page 11 of this thread when the draw for the last round was (finally) finished - you'll find the few complaints about ties as opposed to the administration of the draw being focused on ties being worse compared to the first attempt for individual clubs, with no one saying the draw as a whole was full of boring games. Mainly because that one wasn't full of boring games and this one was.

4 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Alloa away - bit annoying that it's a ground I've already been to and we've played them this season in the Doncaster Cup, but a decent away day in January never hurt anyone.

Hoping we get Cove in Round 5!

That would be the clash of the Crusaders victims.

Shite. Two games in a row away to Motherwell - a fixture we haven’t won in 3 years.

Also, a not so fun fact: 11 of our last 16 Scottish Cup games have been against a team in the same division as us. Boring.

Kilmarnock have drawn SPL opponents in 11 of the last 17 draws. Of the six lower league teams we've had - we got Rangers away twice, twice away to teams who were eventually promoted that year, and once away to Ayr United.

Why does Lawwell hate us so much?

Shite. Two games in a row away to Motherwell - a fixture we haven’t won in 3 years.

Also, a not so fun fact: 11 of our last 16 Scottish Cup games have been against a team in the same division as us. Boring.

Kilmarnock have drawn SPL opponents in 11 of the last 17 draws. Of the six lower league teams we've had - we got Rangers away twice, twice away to teams who were eventually promoted that year, and once away to Ayr United.

16 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Celtic's draw home against Brechin should be straightforward given that City's 3rd round Scottish cup win was the first time they won in open play this season

Just wait until Brechin break the Invincibles in their own back yard.  I'll be giving Skype interviews to sports channels as far as Vietnam for weeks.

Great draw for us in terms of an away day at a ground we don't get to visit very often.. exactly what I hope for in a Cup draw.

Sympathy for the fans of clubs who've drawn teams in the same division, we've had it several times in the past few seasons and it's shite. 

I've mentioned before; what about Cup ties being drawn based around teams who haven't played each other in any competition for the longest period of time? Up until quarter finals where it reverts back to an all in draw.

It would mean regularly playing new teams and avoiding playing the same teams a ridiculous number of times... though a negative might be smaller clubs feeling it might make it harder for them to progress. 

Archived