Scottish Cup 2017/18

mrman2011

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Even in the last few years we've had the Scottish Parliament presiding officer reading out the wrong numbers in League Cup SF draw... interestingly on that occasion the first draw stood and they changed the announcement; the Junior FA drawing 4 too few ties in Junior Cup R1, having to come back later on and draw the last 4; a 'kinder egg' ball bursting open 2 seasons ago, leaving SFA President staring blankly into the bowl before a re-draw was ordered; last season's Rod Stewart fiasco; and now this latest, particularly grandiose, shambles.

Maybe the draws should be sub-contracted 

Here's the answer

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

At least a steaming drunk Rod Stewart managed to announce the right numbers.

Something has been nagging me and I've remembered now... Wasn't there actually confusion over a 6 and 9 in whatever draw Alan Stubbs was involved in last season? Scottish Cup Last 16 or similar? It may have been the same draw as Rod Stewart. I'm sure they corrected it at the time and moved on.

Unless I imagined that it would makes today's fiasco even more inexplicable... but either way you'd think it's about the most obvious thing under the sun to run through the pitfalls of 6s v 9s in advance, with whatever gormless celebs you've recruited. Then watch for them like a hawk during the draw. There sounded like a commotion when Brora (supposed to be BoD) was read-out, so why didn't they pause for 5 seconds to double-check?

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Something has been nagging me and I've remembered now... Wasn't there actually confusion over a 6 and 9 in whatever draw Alan Stubbs was involved in last season? Scottish Cup Last 16 or similar? It may have been the same draw as Rod Stewart. I'm sure they corrected it at the time and moved on.

Unless I imagined that it would makes today's fiasco even more inexplicable... but either way you'd think it's about the most obvious thing under the sun to run through the pitfalls of 6s v 9s in advance, with whatever gormless celebs you've recruited. Then watch for them like a hawk during the draw. There sounded like a commotion when Brora (supposed to be BoD) was read-out, so why didn't they pause for 5 seconds to double-check?

I wonder if they would have redrawn it if it hadn't been shown live? Or would they have just brushed it under the carpet.

Fuckin pathetic. We really are a 3rd rate football country with a 3rd rate administration to match. We're the laughing stock of the sporting world. What a bunch of arseholes; they couldnt organise a ride in a brothel.

3 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Fuckin pathetic. We really are a 3rd rate football country with a 3rd rate administration to match. We're the laughing stock of the sporting world. What a bunch of arseholes; they couldnt organise a ride in a brothel.

They dam well could organise a 69 though

Archived