Scottish Cup 2017/18

mrman2011

23 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The Deveronside club is a good place to go,its just a good bit further away from PRP.

Could certainly start of in there and make your way down to PRP via the Ship or the Market,just dont go into the Castle Bar,its like the bar out of Star Wars :unsure2:

The times I have been in Banff nothing seems to far away Whitburn Vale, it's not a gigantic place although I have not visited for a couple of years, I think I might take a trip there to watch the game, might even join my mate for a pint in the social club! He reckons it's less than 5 minutes away if Glenafton fans take there bus(es) there! On another note what is someone from Whitburns connection with Deveronvale? 

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Read all about it on the Clach Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/ClachFC

Thanks!  Although I'm still quite surprised that the SFA doesn't have a better results page than they do.  The SPFL has full match info for Irn-Bru cup games so surely the SFA could publish the names of the goal scorers!  

Also looked at Fort William's recent results and oh dear.  Not only were they battered 8-0 this weekend but they lost a game 10-0 at home not long ago.

You're quite right. There's lots of improvement taken place recently (see the highlights we saw yesterday for an example) and the social media presence is multiplying, but people need the basics too. Lineups, attendances, referee, goalscorers, yellow/red cards. Similar to the SPFL page should be easy enough to do.

Not "assists" though. What a load of shite that is. It's not fucking ice hockey and it really is meaningless in such a team game.

55 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're quite right. There's lots of improvement taken place recently (see the highlights we saw yesterday for an example) and the social media presence is multiplying, but people need the basics too. Lineups, attendances, referee, goalscorers, yellow/red cards. Similar to the SPFL page should be easy enough to do.

Not "assists" though. What a load of shite that is. It's not fucking ice hockey and it really is meaningless in such a team game.

Agreed, I'm not looking for in-depth statistical analysis, just who scored and some other major details!   

10 hours ago, Northern lights said:

The times I have been in Banff nothing seems to far away Whitburn Vale, it's not a gigantic place although I have not visited for a couple of years, I think I might take a trip there to watch the game, might even join my mate for a pint in the social club! He reckons it's less than 5 minutes away if Glenafton fans take there bus(es) there! On another note what is someone from Whitburns connection with Deveronvale? 

Hi NL,i spent a lot of time up there in the nearby village of Whitehills on holiday when i was a boy,though didnt take in a Vale game until i was an adult.

Would say the "Side" club is about a 10/15 minute walk from PRP, Deveronside now play in nearby Macduff but their club is in Banff.

Enjoy your time in Banff if your going :thumsup2

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:19, HibeeJibee said:

Within minutes of the draw Spartans tweeted their R2 tie was Saturday 3pm. Unless it's a case of "who tweets first wins" :lol: this suggests that, unlike the other groundshares, Edinburgh City make way when it comes to Scottish Cup clashes. Their tie with Stenhousemuir will presumably go ahead on the Friday (like Spartans v Vale of Leithen yesterday) or Sunday.

and Clach are already selling seats on a Saturday supporters' bus, so it looks like your interpretation is correct and that Spartans knew that in advance, rather than it being something that has to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.

Common sense anyway on this occasion, with Spartans' visitors being the further traveled of the two. It would be interesting to see who would get priority if Spartans got a home tie vs a 'local' opponent whilst City were the ones with long-distance visitors.

No word yet whether it's the Friday or the Sunday for Ed.City-Stenhousemuir.

There are still two games that I have no idea who got the goals for!  Who scored for Brora on the weekend?  They won 5-0 and there is nothing on their FB page and their twitter feed only has pictures of the players, not the names.  Also who got the goals for Colville Park?  They are on a good run so I'm curious to know more about them but the SFA don't seem to think it's necessary to tell me who got their goals lol

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

There are still two games that I have no idea who got the goals for!  Who scored for Brora on the weekend?  They won 5-0 and there is nothing on their FB page and their twitter feed only has pictures of the players, not the names.  Also who got the goals for Colville Park?  They are on a good run so I'm curious to know more about them but the SFA don't seem to think it's necessary to tell me who got their goals lol

http://www.hflhub.co.uk/index.php have the following for the Brora game.

Brora Rangers 5-0 Girvan  

Brora: Brindle (30 pen), Andrew Greig (32, 36, 65), Craig Campbell(45+1)  

Girvan:  

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Thanks for that, the only info I am still missing are the scores for Colville Park!  I shouldn't normally care but the tougher the info is to find the more determined I am to know!

Chris Craig, of My Blue Heaven fame, scored a penalty.

18 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Thanks for that, the only info I am still missing are the scores for Colville Park!  I shouldn't normally care but the tougher the info is to find the more determined I am to know!

So why not start by looking at Colville Park's twitter?

https://twitter.com/Colvilleparkafc?lang=en

It said at the end of the match : "Today's goal scorers Cusack, Craig"

You've already been told that "Craig" is Chris Craig.

Put "Cusack Colville Park FC" into google and it reveals his full name is Liam Cusack.

Took me two minutes. Hardly "tough to find"... 

4 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

So why not start by looking at Colville Park's twitter?

https://twitter.com/Colvilleparkafc?lang=en

It said at the end of the match : "Today's goal scorers Cusack, Craig"

You've already been told that "Craig" is Chris Craig.

Put "Cusack Colville Park FC" into google and it reveals his full name is Liam Cusack.

Took me two minutes. Hardly "tough to find"... 

Ok thanks, although this further illustrates my point that it should require this much effort to find the basic information about games in Scotland's National Cup

Great highlights package. Is that the SFA or William Hill themselves that do that? It would be fantastic if the lower leagues got coverage like that every week.

As mentioned by others, odd that it's so hard to get info on some of the matches apart from the score.

Might be wrong but I think its clubs themselves that film the highlights and SFA edit it all together? In past seasons they've had individual clips for matches which were filmed - maybe it's now compulsory, or possibly by now everyone was doing it anyway.

I know that on top of prizemoney, and travel grant for away teams, clubs get a few hundred £ media fee if footage is used.

At our recent Scottish Cup game William Hill arranged someone to film highlights, got speaking to him and he said he usually films Ayr Utd games . As i film Glenafton games i was concerned that William Hill or the SFA  perhaps held the rights to filming Scottish Cup Ties but it doesnt seem to have been an issue with either of these two, and i did offer any footage if he needed it.

Archived