Scottish Cup 2017/18

mrman2011

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admirable results for LTHV and Colville today. Given they conceded 2 penalties and finished with 9-men, Edusport will probably feel happy to have come away with a replay. Clachnacuddin obliterated Fort William who've struggled for a team recently.

R2 features 10 SPFL2, 9-11 Highland, 8-10 Lowland, 2 Junior and 1 Amateur clubs.

Within minutes of the draw Spartans tweeted their R2 tie was Saturday 3pm. Unless it's a case of "who tweets first wins" :lol: this suggests that, unlike the other groundshares, Edinburgh City make way when it comes to Scottish Cup clashes. Their tie with Stenhousemuir will presumably go ahead on the Friday (like Spartans v Vale of Leithen yesterday) or Sunday.

3 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Well done to Glenafton Ath , Banks of Dee and Colville .  On wards to Deveronvale ,  have we got a game on our hands.?    CMON YOU GLENS.

Vale have a good cup record knocking out SPFL teams and recently Lithgae Rose but would expect you guys to progress,Vale have been bottom half of the SHFL for a few seasons now though this season showing signs of improvement,particularly up front.

Enjoy your trip to Banff,the Ship Inn or Market Arms are your best bets for a pre-match tipple.

10 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Well done to Glenafton Ath , Banks of Dee and Colville .  On wards to Deveronvale ,  have we got a game on our hands.?    CMON YOU GLENS.

You guys will be favourites but you never know in the Scottish cup, was hoping for a easier home tie or a good away day,

You guys will be favourites but you never know in the Scottish cup, was hoping for a easier home tie or a good away day,

Hard game for Deveronvale, at the worst Glenafton would compete in the SFL 2nd division, very good team.playing at a competitive level.
Enjoyed my day out watching Rothes yesterday, both teams trying to play football the right way.
Ricky Waddel's post match rant had to be heard to be believed [emoji23]

13 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Vale have a good cup record knocking out SPFL teams and recently Lithgae Rose but would expect you guys to progress,Vale have been bottom half of the SHFL for a few seasons now though this season showing signs of improvement,particularly up front.

Enjoy your trip to Banff,the Ship Inn or Market Arms are your best bets for a pre-match tipple.

Certainly going to be a hard game for Deveronvale, home advantage might prove crucial tho! A friend of mine was saying the Junior teams social club is the best place to go for a pre match pint, as it apparently can hold all of the Glenafton fans in the one place and make for a better atmosphere 

9 hours ago, Northern lights said:

Certainly going to be a hard game for Deveronvale, home advantage might prove crucial tho! A friend of mine was saying the Junior teams social club is the best place to go for a pre match pint, as it apparently can hold all of the Glenafton fans in the one place and make for a better atmosphere 

The Deveronside club is a good place to go,its just a good bit further away from PRP.

Could certainly start of in there and make your way down to PRP via the Ship or the Market,just dont go into the Castle Bar,its like the bar out of Star Wars :unsure2:

11 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The Deveronside club is a good place to go,its just a good bit further away from PRP.

Could certainly start of in there and make your way down to PRP via the Ship or the Market,just dont go into the Castle Bar,its like the bar out of Star Wars :unsure2:

Castle Bar used to be good back in the day,  a few of the Vale die hards including myself used to be in there every Saturday night, been well over 12 years since I last had a drink in there, had some cracking nights and sing songs with the '"Valley Crew'' after cup finals and other big games, the 90s and early noughties were the best laughs, when we won the league for the first time a new type of fan started to appear at PRP, most of them have vanished now and its the die hards that are left8)

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Aye its some place VVV,was in it before Vale v Cove last season.

Love the big "Valley Crew" flag above the bar :thumsup2

I'm pretty sure the owner follows Formartine these days along with his hanger ons, they were all decked out in Formartine hats and scarfs at the last Vale/Formartine game,they will maybe jump ships again now we are improving  :lol:

Im looking forward to our historical game at Devoronvale, i think the furthest North ive followed Glenafton is Dyce many moons ago.  Ive warmed up to the Senior Cup after Saturday when we had BBC Sportsound attending our game , it just felt a wee bit special and i can see how the teams in the early rounds treat the Cup games. This will be a tough tie for Glenafton and us supporters are well aware of this, i did hear the buses getting organised for the game after the draw Saturday we like an away day in whatever cup we are in. 

Archived