Cheltenham

doulikefish

Thought we should have a seperate thread

Chelts day 1 picks (so far will change my mind another 20 times)

1.30 River wylde ew

2.10 Altior wont get beat but will ew Charbel

2.50 Holywell ew

3.30 Yarmworth

4.10 Limini

4.50 Arbre De Vie (4 places)

1730 two taffs ew

Will make up an ew lucky 15 out of that lot aswell

Havea good one folks

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, al-be-oh-nee said:

Captain Redbeard - Dont like the look of this race so outside punt on this one. Trainers only entry of the festival.

Wee bit high in weights now but......

They think a lot of it and All the way from the Borders Mon the Scottish horse!

Note : Dalglish also has Scottish interest  in same race. 

Hopefully one of them in the money. 

I like Moon Racer in the Champion Hurdle. They must be confident of making a mark because he was initially going in the Supreme Novice and would have been a favourite to win it. Think it'll be a cracking race. Any horse from about 6 or 7 could feasibly take it. Tend to think with Geraghty being injured and some suspect jumping that Yanworth is a bit on the short side.

Going to take a catastrophe for Altior not to romp home, only question is by how far. Like Royal Caviar for second and Charbel will run close too.

The Mares Hurdle is going to be a cracker too. Bit disappointed that Limini and VVM go against each other, think VVM might have been a better shout in the Champion and Ruby would surely have taken him over Footpad. Apples Jade will be right in the mix, definitely worth a punt EW.

Love Cheltenham. Day off on Friday for a few jars and the Gold Cup. Cannae beat it.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Wee bit high in weights now but......

They think a lot of it and All the way from the Borders Mon the Scottish horse!

Note : Dalglish also has Scottish interest  in same race. 

Hopefully one of them in the money. 

Actually completely missed the Dalgliesh horse in that race. If I have any winnings from the first 6 races (Im in alot of trouble if I dont!) then a wee each way punt may be heading its way.

Tough day today so keeping stakes fairly small as I think tomorrow and Thursday look a bit better from a betting perspective. 

I've gone for Bunk Off Early in the opener @ 6/1. A lot of talk about Melon but I think it's a bit short for me to take it and I'd be more annoyed if Melon turned out to flop and Bunk Off Early won than vice versa. 

14 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Was just saying that to my mate. Madness.

100k richer now,but probably minted to chuck 400k on in the first place,sounds like a jp mcmanus type of punt

Archived