How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I right wing?
Who put you in charge of making that decision?
I have views on both sides of the scale. Put yourself in whatever box you like but it would help you to understand most people are more complicated than that.

You throw the word 'lefty' and other ways of writing around enough for me to think you are. Apologies if I'm wrong.
I'm not in charge of anything,the same as you don't get to label people who don't agree with you.
I'm not in a box and I sure as f**k don't need an internet persona to help me understand anything.

Thanks for the advice though.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously? :lol: I could be doing that from a centrist position as well.

Let me explain where I stand.

I have some right wing views, some left wings views. and some centrist views.

That makes me neither a left winger nor a right winger.

It doesn't really make me a centrist either so trying to pigeon hole me is utterly pointless.

There is no one party which can produce a list of policies where I would support more than about 40% of them.

That allows me to agree with attempts to help disabled people who can and want to work gain access to the workplace but are currently prevented from doing so (exactly in line wth the Scope charity) whilst criticising the removal of benefits from those genuinely in need of them.

It allows me to agree with the concept of disability assessments as absolutely the right thing to do whilst criticising the incentivising of private companies to fail people.

It also allows me to understand that we have a problem with families living in council houses which are way too big for their needs and large families struggling in small flats whilst being critical of the bedroom tax as a way to resolve the problem.

It also allows me to support tax credits and the welfare state whilst simultaneously criticising those who are either cheating the benefits system or receiving benefits they really don't need which could be better served going to those in genuine need of them.

Most importantly, it allows me to be free to make my mind up about everything without feeling I am betraying some bullshit political ideology by supporting one thing over another. A good idea is a good idea regardless of where it comes from.

In short, it makes me a bog standard human being like most of the planet. If I am a b*****d then I am in good company because there are billions of us out there.

There are very very few hard core lefties or hard core righties. Most people are in the middle-ish ground. That is why we have so many swing voters and it's why all parties try to aim at the elusive centre ground. This is life mate. The sooner you understand and accept it the happier your life will be.

None of your views are incompatible with right-wing thought.  Ergo you are right-wing. QED. 

For instance, you will see nothing wrong with this:

C99aaziXcAEHkOB.jpg

Archived