How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

No - Scotland hasn't seen the mass influx of immigrants from eastern Europe yet like the South of England. Let's get out of Europe but stay with the UK the 5th biggest economy in the world. emoji5.png

What's wrong with immigrants, or as I like to call them, 'people'?

Also do you think we wouldn't trade with the remnants of the UK should we leave?

Anyway, it will always be yes for me. I'll be avoiding absolutely everything to do with this as I'll just get annoyed by the lies and stupidity. I'll simply fire down to vote Yes on the day

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be voting yes. If anything has come of this brexit debacle it has clearly shown we are far from being an equal nation. Nicola proposed a 4 nation veto on brexit. Cameron laughed at it.
I laugh at people that will vote no because of this and that. What they don't understand is that through independence we would have far more control. Just now we are at the mercy of middle England

What's wrong with immigrants, or as I like to call them, 'people'?
Also do you think we wouldn't trade with the remnants of the UK should we leave?
Anyway, it will always be yes for me. I'll be avoiding absolutely everything to do with this as I'll just get annoyed by the lies and stupidity. I'll simply fire down to vote Yes on the day

Nothing wrong with immigrant people at all. Has to be managed though. South of England have huge shortage of hospitals, schools, housing etc. That's why they voted for Brexit and Scotland would have done the same.

You do get that with a rapidly ageing population we actually need immigration?

Of course we need immigration but on our terms that we can manage and control.

Stat to help people decide.

UK 22nd largest population in the world.

UK 5th largest economy in the world.

We punch well above our weight. Too much of a risk Scotland going on it's own and we will mainly be governed by Europe. Probably also need to adopt the failed euro as our currency too.

9 minutes ago, ftk said:

Nothing wrong with immigrant people at all. Has to be managed though. South of England have huge shortage of hospitals, schools, housing etc. That's why they voted for Brexit and Scotland would have done the same.

As somebody who lives in the South of England, the huge of shortage of hospitals, schools and housing is largely caused by councils being told to make cuts wherever possible. The only "housing" that gets built in London these days is luxury apartments for the rich to buy and rent out at extortionate prices. Schools are having to cut subjects just to keep their heads above the water, because local authorities are putting pressure on them to tighten their budget. In terms of hospitals, you only have to look at Jeremy Hunt to see it's not the immigrants who are causing a strain on the NHS. Can't speak for Scotland (although I assume it's largely the same), but the South of England needs immigration.

Would expect it to be a no again but shall make my mind up once the plans are revealed. If the Yes side can make the numbers stack up this time so no drop in living standards or tax rises to cover a  deficit then would be happy to vote Yes. 

2 minutes ago, ftk said:

We punch well above our weight. Too much of a risk Scotland going on it's own.

Can you post the stats about the distribution of that wealth relative to other comparable countries.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

We punch well above our weight. Too much of a risk Scotland going on it's own.

Japan has 11th largest population and is 4th largest economy.

5 minutes ago, ftk said:

We punch well above our weight. Too much of a risk Scotland going on it's own and we will mainly be governed by Europe. Probably also need to adopt the failed euro as our currency too.

"Punching above one's weight" is nice-sounding cliche, but I note that you ignore the UK's economy being based on it being the second most indebted state on the planet.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Would expect it to be a no again but shall make my mind up once the plans are revealed. If the Yes side can make the numbers stack up this time so no drop in living standards or tax rises to cover a  deficit then would be happy to vote Yes. 

Taxes will need to go up and quite right too.

We need to have a national debate about our expectations for Scandinavian public service at US taxation levels (demonstrative examples) 

If your living standards aren't currently going down I'm very pleased for you but it's not a universal experience.

Archived