Are you part of the 75.3%?

Eednud

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it normal to not go on nights out after the age of 24? I have an active social life but like doing things during the day and being at home and in bed at a normal time and don't ever think about going on nights out anymore and have been the same since I acquired my girlfriend pretty much.

My missus spotted a link between me drinking lots before going out and me coming home cunted so I tend to now wait until going out before drinking. I used to like having a bottle of wine in the bath or shower when getting ready. I do still like to nip in for a swift pint on two en-route to a day/night out. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What I have always tended to do as I got older is simply recruit at least one other and get to the pub prior to the agreed meeting time and get two or three pints in.

I dont know why. I just always like to kick the arse out it I guess.

I am shite at drinking now though so maybe should rethink (after Friday)

Me too. Make hay while the sun shines and all that. 

When I was living in Belfast around 15 years ago, my mate and I used to prink a bottle of Tonic each before heading out to the pub. I'm not the violent or confrontational type, so no disaster ever befell me, but I did have to hit it on the head whenever I'd have no recollection of being in the pub - including introducing myself to the same guy three weeks in a row. I only remember the 3rd time it happened cos he gave me a look of pitying disgust and flounced off.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Is it normal to not go on nights out after the age of 24? I have an active social life but like doing things during the day and being at home and in bed at a normal time and don't ever think about going on nights out anymore and have been the same since I acquired my girlfriend pretty much.

I reached that point when I turned 30. Well done Throbs, you're an early developer.

Very rare that I will drink at home, though since I got a guitar last year it has happened more often. Much prefer heading to a pub and getting drunk in a professional drinking environment.

I reached that point when I turned 30. Well done Throbs, you're an early developer.

I still went on weekends away and had many piss ups but I just never really considered what I was doing to be a night out as such.

Archived