Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

Massive game for both clubs.

We really must win at some point to stop our alarming charge to oblivion.

On the other hand our defence is pigshit and Edinburgh have Riordan.

All previous 3 matches have been eye wateringly shite and have served up a single goal in 270 minutes!

Thoughts?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

we'll drop two points to you, but only after stuffing Berwick just to make life interesting.....!

If City stuff Berwick then surely they will look to hammer Clyde with the pigshit defence that they have, City now have good experienced options up top that will cause defences problems. 

Good time to be betting on City wins.  

Surely Edinburgh will try and win this? They blew a golden chance with their bizarre all out defence in the last game, against a side that couldn't buy a win. 

I think we'll win (2-1, with Edinburgh scoring late on to make it nervy), and I think this will be the game that Ferguson starts scoring. I'd hope Lochhead will start instead of Johnston; he looked decent in his outing on Saturday.

11 hours ago, David W said:

Surely Edinburgh will try and win this? They blew a golden chance with their bizarre all out defence in the last game, against a side that couldn't buy a win. 

I think we'll win (2-1, with Edinburgh scoring late on to make it nervy), and I think this will be the game that Ferguson starts scoring. I'd hope Lochhead will start instead of Johnston; he looked decent in his outing on Saturday.

depends on results David if edniburgh win tommorow night they will be 5 ahead having played a game more ,if thats the case then i think they would settle for a point on saturday 

at the end of the day its down to our players , its that bad we are simply just hoping other teams lose at the moment, that all goes to the wall come saturday and tuesday 

No matter how badly Clyde are playing, i wake up every match day excited and optimistic that we'll play well and win.

Strangely though, not when we play Edinburgh City. I realise it will be tedious, hoofball and going to the match is a duty rather than a pleasure.

18 hours ago, haufdaft said:

No matter how badly Clyde are playing, i wake up every match day excited and optimistic that we'll play well and win.

Seriously? I'm all for being optimistic but that's bordering on the delusional.

It's this state of denial (from board, coaching staff and as you've just proven - fans) which has contributed to the current mess and possible relegation we now face.

Seriously? I'm all for being optimistic but that's bordering on the delusional.
It's this state of denial (from board, coaching staff and as you've just proven - fans) which has contributed to the current mess and possible relegation we now face.

Admittedly, i do come away from many of the games disappointed.

I almost always feel optimistic before a game. There's nothing wrong with that.

However, I am well aware of the situation the club are in.

One does not exclude the other. I am definitely not delusional or in denial.

No. Optimistic with knowledge and acknowledgement of the facts and the situation we're in. This doesn't mean I'm content.

Hopeful that the next match is when we turn it around. This hasn't happened... yet.

Completely different from blind faith. People with blind faith are certain. Perhaps I'm blindly hopeful

You're right about there being plenty of punishment though.

I'd much rather go to see my team with this optimistic view. If i felt differently, I would probably chuck it and spend my money elsewhere. I can understand why some people have.

City seem to piss folk off with their style of play, which means it must get results.
To everyone moaning, GIRFUY.

So many results they have been hanging around the arse end of the table all season?

They have added nothing to the league, at least east Stirling were entertaining. You know exactly what you will get against Edinburgh. 10 men behind the ball, tedious anti-football. It's Scottish league 2 FFS, come out and have a go at least.

Cue a 3-0 win for Edinburgh on Saturday ☹️

No. Optimistic with knowledge and acknowledgement of the facts and the situation we're in. This doesn't mean I'm content.

Hopeful that the next match is when we turn it around. This hasn't happened... yet.

Completely different from blind faith. People with blind faith are certain. Perhaps I'm blindly hopeful

You're right about there being plenty of punishment though.

I'd much rather go to see my team with this optimistic view. If i felt differently, I would probably chuck it and spend my money elsewhere. I can understand why some people have.

Don't apologise for your outlook

I go out of habit with the hope that we might reach the giddy heights of mediocrity[emoji38]

So many results they have been hanging around the arse end of the table all season?

They have added nothing to the league, at least east Stirling were entertaining. You know exactly what you will get against Edinburgh. 10 men behind the ball, tedious anti-football. It's Scottish league 2 FFS, come out and have a go at least.

For City though it's the highest level they've ever got to and, I assume, their target was probably to get 36 points.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I can think of but a handful of games against Shire in 7 years that were entertaining, and that was largely down to us skelping them. Certainly don't miss them. I do agree re Edinburgh though, they've offered very little other than a decent day out.

Can't help but feel the importance of Saturday has been somewhat understated so far. If the players cant motivate themselves to serve up anything other than the gutless pish we've been subjected to for most of the season then we're done. No excuses.

I can think of but a handful of games against Shire in 7 years that were entertaining, and that was largely down to us skelping them. Certainly don't miss them. I do agree re Edinburgh though, they've offered very little other than a decent day out.
Can't help but feel the importance of Saturday has been somewhat understated so far. If the players cant motivate themselves to serve up anything other than the gutless pish we've been subjected to for most of the season then we're done. No excuses.

Oh dear negative comments expect a severe ticking off [emoji23]

Seriously if expediency of getting a win hadn't sunk in it never will , what really suprised me was mcgovern's interview after arbroath game , gave me the impression he hadn't looked at the league table for a while

Archived