Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

55 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Funnily enough his dying swan act seemed to disappear when you went from being 1-0 up to 2-1 down.

Bit like the Clyde player who seemed to recover quickly from his injury after treatment in the first half ...

I suppose the only guy who looked really injured was Porteous with his Rab C Nesbitt style bandage and he showed the intelligence worthy of a future Hibs player by repeatedly challenging for headers with a head injury! :lol:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who was number5 for City , Centre midfield if i got his number wrong, Looked miles ahead of rest o your team and ours come to think about it

That would have been Marc Laird, played at a decent level down in England. He's an absolute class act and must be up there as one of the best in the league.

Saying this I wasn't actually there but Lairdy normally plays no.5

That would have been Marc Laird, played at a decent level down in England. He's an absolute class act and must be up there as one of the best in the league.

Yes, it was Laird. Fully agree with you about his class.

12 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Marc Laird normally wore the Number 5 shirt before he got injured. Josh Walker then wore the Number 5 shirt away at Elgin City in his first game for the club and kept on wearing the Number 5 shirt for the next 5 games v Clyde, Annan, Montrose, Stirling and Cowdenbeath regardless of whether Laird was playing or not. It wasn't until the midweek game at home to Berwick Rangers that Marc Laird got to wear the Number 5 shirt again and Josh Walker was given the Number 7 shirt that night.

Skip forward to the next match away to Forfar and Josh Walker has the number 5 shirt again with Mark McConnell in the Number 7 shirt and Marc Laird is on the bench wearing Number 16. Then of course Saturday's latest game at Clyde - which I missed unfortunately - Marc Laird wore Number 5 again and Josh got to wear Number 7. 

Personal preferences? For me, Josh Walker not only looked better in the Number 5 shirt and shorts but he also played much better too. Quite a few of Josh's passes went astray against Berwick that night in the Number 7 shirt and he was not as commanding in that match as I've seen him play in all the previous games. Especially away at Annan where he took all the corners both on the left and on the right hand side of the field. So, call me superstitious, but I'd like to see Josh wearing the Number 5 permanently. (Shorts do matter sometimes!)

I'm sure a lot of players have got a favourite number. What's yours?

Brian Cameron tries to slow down Josh Walker.jpg

On 3/18/2017 at 23:13, sydney said:

Wasn't there today. Haven't been for a wee while. Just couldn't take any more and I'm struggling to motivate myself again. 40 years of following Clyde and I can't remember being as downbeat about the club as I have been the last few months. Even when we hit the very bottom, we had Jim Duffy who gradually improved us with virtually no budget. Having said that, I was out this afternoon and was checking my phone constantly. Was going through all the emotions and I wasn't even there. It's been the same every week for a while. Got me thinking that I'd be as well being there ! 

if we can see the season out safely, we've got a chance to progress. The chairman appointment is a very good one. I've worked with Norrie Innes and he is a very positive and charismatic guy. 

Are you me ??

Googoo gajoob. 
We went through a phase of our 5 being the midfield enforcer, like they do in South America. Im not sure what our 5 is meant to be these days, though. 

I wish we had a midfield enforcer in the team.
We've too many skillful players in there [emoji23]

On 19/03/2017 at 21:22, Mr Blobby said:

It was Ross Pilcher's Day Off (That'll be the title of my match report in the City Fanzine next week). But he was on a busman's holiday sitting right behind me. (Ross scampered after the final whistle and didn't stay around for the presentation of the Cup)

Ross Pilcher's Day Off. not giving too much away at the Oriam Centre.jpg

On 19/03/2017 at 21:20, Mr Blobby said:

Well, if you spotted the guy that is seated in the stand in this picture wearing the yellow Edinburgh City away top, the amber and black bobbly hat and the Meadowbank Thistle scarf round his neck then that was me for sure. Good job you can't see my face as I had my camera in pole position. 

Spartans v Lothian Thistle Hutchison vale at the Oriam EOS Qualifying Cup FinalC7TR1QxXQAA3-bM.jpg

Dearie me  Mr. Pilcher doesn't half age watching a game of football if that's him right behind you  :o:P

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Dearie me  Mr. Pilcher doesn't half age watching a game of football if that's him right behind you  :o:P

lol. Behind me to the left a little as you look over my shoulder. He'd moved off by then

4 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

That watch should be classified an offensive weapon. You'll end up with a plane landing on the fucking pitch, with that thing. 

I guess the Evening News must be paying bigger wages these days for match reporting. I though he had a big one too when I first glanced at it. 

I guess the Evening News must be paying bigger wages these days for match reporting. I though he had a big one too when I first glanced at it. 

When I started doing match reports for the Evening News I got paid £8.40 - eight pounds eight shillings in old money, or eight guineas in really old money. I used payment in guineas to claim that I was in socio-economic class B, a professional person who could countersign passport applications. Certainly my day job didn't allow me to claim that.
No-one was fooled.

Archived