Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

Positives from yesterday look to have a good goal keeper for next season would get him signed up now and the boy showed real grit playing through an injury and was still making good saves, Flynn for first time in a while we had a midfielder prepared to go beyond the forwards looked composed on ball second half, wee Fergie showing he is getting back to where he was pre injury , McNeil played well and the whipping boys Johnston and McNiff were very good as well

Real positive was the way we played second half ball on the ground playing through mid field with forward linking up well

Fustration is knowing we had that in us but only shown it in flashes since November

Let's secure the league spot (not over yet ) and get down to rebuild for next season a complete re think on how the club progresses hopefully in the next couple of months the new chairman can give us something to get behind galvanise the support and possibly tempt a few more back to games

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear lots getting their knickers in a twist about fans ( yobs , mindless minority ) over a spat between fans and players get over it happens in football.

I didn't see the incident. I'm personally disappointed that i missed the one exciting thing to happen during the first half.

If his beloved Celtic went 15 minutes without scoring, let alone 15 GAMES without winning, he'd be fucking bothered. Ridding the rot from the club begins with those players who just don't care. In Innes We Trust. 

One of many things that irk me are current Clyde players who continuously tweet their love or allegiance to another team.

Hate it.

One of many things that irk me are current Clyde players who continuously tweet their love or allegiance to another team.

Hate it.

They're big football fans. If you played for a club would you just stop showing your support for Clyde? Surely you can separate the two??? It's a non issue really.

11 hours ago, David W said:

Edinburgh goalie has been good this season but he was all over the place today. Dropped a number of crosses and also got caught completely out of his goal by Johnston who took a poor touch and then couldn't convert. Laird was excellent in the first half but ended up far too deep in the second half. I've never really seen the fascination with Mbu either; some of his distribution today was diabolical; free-kicks punted 60 yards straight out of play. 

Perhaps a fair shout for Calum Antell to make a comeback in goal for the Elgin City game on Saturday? Stobie has looked shaky in the past two games dropping a few balls at crosses. Maybe not 100% focused on the game and has other things on his mind. Time for a rest?

16 hours ago, Lordy said:

It's a honest summary of the game to be fare, City needed the 2nd goal in the 1st half and the game would have been over, was getting nasty in the stand with Clyde fans having a go at each other, god knows what happened at HT, City came out with a different formation and looked like they were going to sit deep and try to defend and see the game out, was a strange decision to leave Beattie on the bench as well considering him Riordan and Allan had been causing defences problems in the last few games.

No pies left at HT, opted for a steak pie, was brick hard and was swiftly dumped in the bucket, 1 out of 10, the 1 as it was hot. 

Sorry to hear about the steak pie. Anyone try the Mince or Macaroni if available? Looks like Clyde are going to end up bottom of our Pie League this season. It's in our report. Cheers for that.

They're big football fans. If you played for a club would you just stop showing your support for Clyde? Surely you can separate the two??? It's a non issue really.

No problem with it when they leave the club.
It wouldn't take much to reign themselves in when playing for Clyde.

Some never tweet about Clyde even though they play for the team but regularly post about their "real team".

It's no big deal but it's one of the things that annoy me about modern footballers

Sorry to hear about the steak pie. Anyone try the Mince or Macaroni if available? Looks like Clyde are going to end up bottom of our Pie League this season. It's in our report. Cheers for that.

The Scotch pie I had against Forfar was nice.

Perhaps a fair shout for Calum Antell to make a comeback in goal for the Elgin City game on Saturday? Stobie has looked shaky in the past two games dropping a few balls at crosses. Maybe not 100% focused on the game and has other things on his mind. Time for a rest?

Andrew Stobie has been in excellent form in recent weeks in my opinion. The physio had to come on to give him treatment twice in the first half on Saturday though, and he was perhaps less confident after the break.

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

We quite often do well in the Programme League. That's the one I care about most.

Yes, excellent programme from the first Clyde v Edinburgh City match. Six double pages on The Citizens if I remember correctly. Yesterday's match programme is up on ebay too for the bargain price of £1.50. Berwick Rangers' match day programme is also very good. They feature a review of the other League 2 club's programmes. The only one that does that as far as I can see. So I think it's a toss up between Clyde and Berwick for best League 2 programme IMO.

Clyde v Edinburgh city match day programme 18th March 2017.jpg

1 hour ago, scrooge1928 said:

Andrew Stobie has been in excellent form in recent weeks in my opinion. The physio had to come on to give him treatment twice in the first half on Saturday though, and he was perhaps less confident after the break.

Thanks for clearing that up - Couldn't make the game myself on Saturday. Sounds like a good chance for Calum to come in then in any case. Maybe even push him for a place in the EOS Cup semi final against Spartans who won today at the Oriam?

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, excellent programme from the first Clyde v Edinburgh City match. Six double pages on The Citizens if I remember correctly. Yesterday's match programme is up on ebay too for the bargain price of £1.50. Berwick Rangers' match day programme is also very good. They feature a review of the other League 2 club's programmes. The only one that does that as far as I can see. So I think it's a toss up between Clyde and Berwick for best League 2 programme IMO.

Clyde v Edinburgh city match day programme 18th March 2017.jpg

Aye the Berwick programme gave our one a good review. Nice to see former Cowden player Scott Linton on yesterday's cover.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye the Berwick programme gave our one a good review. Nice to see former Cowden player Scott Linton on yesterday's cover.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about The Blue Brazilian. But then I missed the first Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh City match and I arrived very late for the second game at Central park and the 'Beath programmes and team sheets sold out just as I walked through the gate. lol

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about The Blue Brazilian. But then I missed the first Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh City match and I arrived very late for the second game at Central park and the 'Beath programmes and team sheets sold out just as I walked through the gate. lol

Aye i've got a programme for you as mentioned in the thread about the game i'll bring it to our game at Meadowbank next month. Were you at the Oriam today sure I seen you (minus the real Mr B).

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye i've got a programme for you as mentioned in the thread about the game i'll bring it to our game at Meadowbank next month. Were you at the Oriam today sure I seen you (minus the real Mr B).

Well, if you spotted the guy that is seated in the stand in this picture wearing the yellow Edinburgh City away top, the amber and black bobbly hat and the Meadowbank Thistle scarf round his neck then that was me for sure. Good job you can't see my face as I had my camera in pole position. 

Spartans v Lothian Thistle Hutchison vale at the Oriam EOS Qualifying Cup FinalC7TR1QxXQAA3-bM.jpg

It was Ross Pilcher's Day Off (That'll be the title of my match report in the City Fanzine next week). But he was on a busman's holiday sitting right behind me. (Ross scampered after the final whistle and didn't stay around for the presentation of the Cup)

Ross Pilcher's Day Off. not giving too much away at the Oriam Centre.jpg

Funnily enough his dying swan act seemed to disappear when you went from being 1-0 up to 2-1 down.

Archived