Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many results they have been hanging around the arse end of the table all season?

They have added nothing to the league, at least east Stirling were entertaining. You know exactly what you will get against Edinburgh. 10 men behind the ball, tedious anti-football. It's Scottish league 2 FFS, come out and have a go at least.

Cue a 3-0 win for Edinburgh on Saturday ☹️

You are clearly hurt that they're more likely to remain an SPFL than the "famous" bully wee.

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

So many results they have been hanging around the arse end of the table all season?

They have added nothing to the league, at least east Stirling were entertaining. You know exactly what you will get against Edinburgh. 10 men behind the ball, tedious anti-football. It's Scottish league 2 FFS, come out and have a go at least.

well you're entitled to your opinion. Down our way the opinion is that us and Elgin play the best football and that you are not Brazil 1970 but are in actual fact a bunch of cnuts. 

Serious question regarding your comment that City have not added anything to the league. Compared to what or whom this season?

Serious question regarding your comment that City have not added anything to the league. Compared to what or whom this season?

Don't listen.

Edinburgh are a more likeable team than Clyde.

Better away day than Clyde.

Better team than Clyde (more points).

Better fans than Clyde (only because of the Clyde fans arrogance and delusions of grandeur, by the way) on here.

Edinburgh are much more enjoyable to have in the league than Clyde and their shitty ground/town in every single way.

well you're entitled to your opinion. Down our way the opinion is that us and Elgin play the best football and that you are not Brazil 1970 but are in actual fact a bunch of cnuts. 

Don't get me wrong, we are a total gang this season but there is no way Edinburgh play the best football in the league.

Compared to most other teams who are willing to have a go. Especially against us because we are shite. The defensive hoofball pish witnessed from you against us in the other 3 matches has been tragic.

Compared to most other teams who are willing to have a go. Especially against us because we are shite. The defensive hoofball pish witnessed from you against us in the other 3 matches has been tragic.

Edinburgh may be a decent place to visit for a day out. Watching their dreadful defensive football from 150yds away though is not my idea of an enjoyable experience.

The three games against them have been mind numbingly shite for both sets of supporters.

However, I should say Clyde are just as guilty of resorting to hoofball in these games.

I have no problem with the way Edinburgh play and if they stay up this year it will be entirely justified. Edinburgh have just defended solidly and hoped to nick a goal against us but I’m sure would have opened up a bit more if we’d actually managed to scored more than one goal in three games against them. Indeed, if we were capable of playing this way and it guaranteed us avoiding last place I’d take it in a second.

I think this is our biggest game and an absolute must win. Cowdenbeath could easily win on Saturday but even if they don’t, I don’t fancy going into Tuesday’s match with the increased pressure and the team still lacking confidence.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'll give you Elgin who have played a lot of good football,  but in the games against us it has been City's approach at kick off "we've started with one point and it's up to the opposition to take it away". In City's position I don't blame that attitude, they don't want to be one season wonders in the leagues. It hasn't been enjoyable to watch though. 

Mind you you there have been many days this season when we haven't been worth watching either.

This season I don't want any of the league teams to lose out in the play off. If the Shire are to reach the final play off in another year, I'd like to see them back.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't listen.

Edinburgh are a more likeable team than Clyde.

Better away day than Clyde.

Better team than Clyde (more points).

Better fans than Clyde (only because of the Clyde fans arrogance and delusions of grandeur, by the way) on here.

Edinburgh are much more enjoyable to have in the league than Clyde and their shitty ground/town in every single way.

utter dick on so many levels.

I have absolutely no issue with the way Edinburgh City have played this year.

They have a plan to try to survive this year and as such may perhaps be on its way to being successful.  If we had been more professional and managed games correctly then we would not have been in the position we have found ourselves in this year.

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I have absolutely no issue with the way Edinburgh City have played this year.

They have a plan to try to survive this year and as such may perhaps be on its way to being successful.  If we had been more professional and managed games correctly then we would not have been in the position we have found ourselves in this year.

Exactly. They're a promoted side. League 2 is unusual in that you're not used to seeing promoted sides, or even elected sides come to that. The time to criticise them is next season.

Think Clyde will sneak this, I personally think any team that finishes bottom will beat EK anyway.. but we'll see 

What about of its Highland league team or have I missed the play off game [emoji6]

Archived