Mwell v St J (18/3/17)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistakes at the back are costing us almost every game.

I thought we we were good for at least a point until the young lad made his blunder. The boy has finished it well though.

Yeah we deserved at least a draw out of that game but not marking Liam Craig at crosses cost us twice (nearly a third time as well).

We haven't dominated a team like that (last 20 mins of first half until saints second) for a long time.

A much improved performance has left me feeling optimistic that we'll stay up.

It's the best we've played for a while, yes, but it's still not good enough. With two tough away games come g up, I'm starting to get worried.

Who was the ref today, btw? I thought he was absolutely dire (for both sides).

What a result , battered and bullied all across the park for long periods of the game but a bit of luck , last ditch blocks and a gorgeous strike by Liam secured the points . 

Muzz coming on shored things up in the centre . Felt sorry for Alston as Swanson the passenger should have been hooked instead . 

The last ten minutes fair play to Motherwell .We sat further and farther back and any time we won the ball we couldn't find another blue shirt and invited them onto us again . Very very nervy finish , think nearly everyone in the ground thought that header was in at the end though . Pleasing seeing the well crew still celebrating towards the saints fans as the ball was still in play .

Just now, The Woolshed said:

What happened to Zander?

Went for a challenge with his foot and probably stretched / pulled a muscle from the tackle , thought he was a bit slow off his line and should have went down hands first .

Tough for us today. Not getting any luck at all.
The McDonald one I thought was a pen, he's never getting that though cos he's a cheating wee bassa.

I liked Frear today.

Was the MacDonald one at the back post with Easton? I thought that was a pen. He does get involved with the player at every high ball though and he had some of Eastons shirt. Can see why refs don't give him much. He moans more than Steven Maclean.

On the flip side how we didn't get one for Handball I'll never know. Stuck his hand out and tapped it out for a corner. Poor from the linesman. 

Thought Motherwell deserved a point though most of their football was huge punts to Moult but  it put us under a lot of pressure. A few nice interchanges between those two first half too. They are a very physical side and I felt we allowed ourselves to be bullied. However, with a defence as poor as that they will struggle to win too many games. 

Archived