School days?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primary was alright.  Got bullied in the first few weeks of primary one but that stopped after I began to fight the wee p***k back.  Aside from that primary school was really just playing football etc.  Hated secondary school.  In terms of popularity I wasn't in the lowest bracket, probably somewhere in the middle.  But the school was a dump and I was generally uninterested.  This changed when I was 15 and I had good access to good weed thanks to my big sister.  That certainly moved my popularity status up a notch.  I did manage to lose my virginity at 15 to quite a good looking girl, which was quite remarkable considering I had bright ginger hair. I have lots of former school friends on Facebook.  But they I've hardly saw any of them in the 20 years since  I left.

Enjoyed primary school. High school wasn't bad but wasn't great, 5th and 6th year were definitely better than the first four years. Teachers only started treating us like humans in 5th year, but in their defence we were wee dicks until then.
Still got quite a few mates I speak to regularly from school, catch up maybe once or twice a year with a night out.

I eagerly await loads of folk claiming they once saw someone disguise a bowling ball as a football and some poor unsuspecting victim kicking it. The last thread along these lines had a suspiciously high number of folk claiming that this happened.

They are currently demolishing my old secondary school, I ran the Inverness half marathon yesterday and went past it.  As I looked at the diggers knocking down the corridors that I used to go to and from classes in I couldn't help but think.... that I don't give a single f**k about it.  It's just a building, school was a lifetime ago and I don't care a jot.  Move on.  People who drone on about their school days are the fucking pits.  I also find people who are still best mates with the same people they were when they were at school, and only those people, deeply odd.  Get some new pals, move out of your home town, broaden your horizons.

I suppose I quite liked it. I was a model student; I kept my head down, worked hard and achieved good grades. A year or two after starting secondary school, my year head decided it would be a good idea to transfer some of the very challenging kids into my class; her theory was that the behaviour and work ethic exhibited by myself and some others would have a positive impact on the stragglers. It had mixed results.

One of the boys was expelled shortly after; he punched a PE teacher in the face in-front of our class and then elected to key our guidance teacher's car. Going by the last I heard, he is in prison now. We always got on reasonably well and I hope he is doing fine. 

The next one got expelled after stealing a business teacher's car keys from his jacket pocket and duly going joyriding for a couple of hours. He also set fire to a batch of old geography books at the back of a class one afternoon, but he succeeded - with help - in covering the evidence before the teacher returned and without causing any further damage. Additionally, he managed to snort some cocaine off his desk in registration, whilst the teacher was sitting at the front of the class; she was oblivious to most things, to be honest. Fair play to him for that one, though. Anyway, he is also in prison the last I heard - for multiple acts of joyriding, funnily enough - and I wish him well. He was never anything other than utterly courteous and decent to me. 

A third boy was also expelled. He punched another member of our year in the face one lunchtime, entirely unprovoked. He also sprayed our new English teacher in second year with some sort of whiteboard cleaner, which was a weird weapon of choice. In first year, he got hit by a snowball at lunchtime, so burst into our class and punched the boy alleged to have thrown the snowball about ten times in succession before smacking his head off the desk and breaking his glasses. Nobody bothered to intervene until the teacher arrived - the guy getting the hiding was a total dick. Anyway, he got a five day suspension for that. I believe he is also serving a sentence and I would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best in the future. 

Halcyon days. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I suppose I quite liked it. I was a model student; I kept my head down, worked hard and achieved good grades. A year or two after starting secondary school, my year head decided it would be a good idea to transfer some of the very challenging kids into my class; her theory was that the behaviour and work ethic exhibited by myself and some others would have a positive impact on the stragglers. It had mixed results.

One of the boys was expelled shortly after; he punched a PE teacher in the face in-front of our class and then elected to key our guidance teacher's car. Going by the last I heard, he is in prison now. We always got on reasonably well and I hope he is doing fine. 

The next one got expelled after stealing a business teacher's car keys from his jacket pocket and duly going joyriding for a couple of hours. He also set fire to a batch of old geography books at the back of a class one afternoon, but he succeeded - with help - in covering the evidence before the teacher returned and without causing any further damage. Additionally, he managed to snort some cocaine off his desk in registration, whilst the teacher was sitting at the front of the class; she was oblivious to most things, to be honest. Fair play to him for that one, though. Anyway, he is also in prison the last I heard - for multiple acts of joyriding, funnily enough - and I wish him well. He was never anything other than utterly courteous and decent to me. 

A third boy was also expelled. He punched another member of our year in the face one lunchtime, entirely unprovoked. He also sprayed our new English teacher in second year with some sort of whiteboard cleaner, which was a weird weapon of choice. In first year, he got hit by a snowball at lunchtime, so burst into our class and punched the boy alleged to have thrown the snowball about ten times in succession before smacking his head off the desk and breaking his glasses. Nobody bothered to intervene until the teacher arrived - the guy getting the hiding was a total dick. Anyway, he got a five day suspension for that. I believe he is also serving a sentence and I would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best in the future. 

Halcyon days. 

Nae bather.

Archived