Killie V Partick

Big game on Saturday, the winner either stays or becomes top 6 and moves further away from the pack

Will Killie manage a win at home? Our away forum is much better.

Will Doolan score his 100th Thistle goal ? No doubt he will given it's against Killie in his home town.

Personally, a 1-1 draw........

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Will Doolan score his 100th Thistle goal ? No doubt he will given it's against Killie in his home town.

f**k... If this is on, then it's definitely happening.

If Osman and Lawless are out I can't see us winning, we're really stuck in terms of squad numbers and I think we'd rather not play Erskine on the artificial surface if we could avoid it.

On the plus side our recent record vs Killie at RP is decent and is does seem to be narrative central for Doolan to get 100 against his local team.

International break after this would give us a bit of recovery time, and with both teams having similar run ins I'd take a draw.

1-1 (Boyd, Doolan)

12 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

We don't do 2 wins on the trot very often but that will change on Saturday . 

No league back to back wins since October 2015 I think?! Unreal if that's correct. I thought we were bad for that as well. 

We don't do 2 wins on the trot very often but that will change on Saturday . 
Top 6 eutopia here we come 
Doolan to tear a hamstring when clean through  on goal in the 93rd minute for the equaliser and fall flat on his arse 
Oh the scenes 

Would settle for the falling on his arse bit, but let's leave his hamstring in full working order.

I think it's a testament to the strength of our squad that we are still so strong in midfield despite long term injuries to Bannigan, Fraser and Welsh but if Osman' s and to lesser degree, Lawless's injuries keep them out of the squad for a while the rest of the season could be a real struggle. Div Wilson recall from Stranraer anyone?:unsure:

Don't think we can recall Wilson as he's over 21. Also don't think he's setting the heather on fire at Stranraer. I think if Osman and Lawless are out we don't have much option but to start with the team that finished on Saturday maybe excepting Erskine in for Elliott and fill the bench with weans.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't think we can recall Wilson as he's over 21. Also don't think he's setting the heather on fire at Stranraer. I think if Osman and Lawless are out we don't have much option but to start with the team that finished on Saturday maybe excepting Erskine in for Elliott and fill the bench with weans.

I was only joking about Div, I'm sure we wouldn't be quite that desperate.:lol:

Pretty big game and at least we're both fighting for something rather than just against relegation. Been pretty impressed with Killie this season tbh, I was certain with their massive influx of players they would be struggling around the bottom of the table. Both times we've played them this season they've pretty much just bypassed the midfield, but it's obviously been effective, really surprised they are only 2 points behind us and in with a shout for top 6.

Jumping down to this with a decent sized crowd so hopefully a good turnout, looking forward to it. We have a good record at RP but it I reckon it'll be a tight game, going for a 1-1 draw. Although that could change if Lawless and Osman are out, in which case we're fucked. Where are Wilson and McDaid when you need them :lol:

Archived