The Famous Aberdeen v Well Known Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that was one of the most comfortable victories over Hearts that I can recall witnessing. We were relentlessly committed which contained the Jambos but I still expected more of a fight and some technical football in return - they just seemed to pump it forward in hope.

Once again Kenny McLean was outstanding - he has been very impressive for 3 or 4 months now. Considering his first international call up was whilst he was in the midst of some poor club form, it's baffling that he is being overlooked by Strachan.

As for the red card, I can see why the ref gave it but I wondered if it was a tad soft. It looked like Stockley was just trying to unshackle himself from the defenders grip of his shirt and ended up making contact with his cheek. The lad made a meal of it.

Mclean plays for aberdeen. His previous call up was just to keep dons fans happy. He could be brilliant from now to the end of the season and won't play a meaningful game for Scotland.

Who is the last dons player to play for Scotland in a competitive match? Anyone know?

Mclean plays for aberdeen. His previous call up was just to keep dons fans happy. He could be brilliant from now to the end of the season and won't play a meaningful game for Scotland.

Who is the last dons player to play for Scotland in a competitive match? Anyone know?

Might actually be lee Miller

Same thing was happening when Neilson was 'Head Coach' - this is not a new thing.
People in this country don't get the Director of Football concept.

I get it fine. In no other country does the Director of Football tell the Head coach how to do things, nor do they go into the dressing room. At this stage, Cathro isn't even the head coach anymore, he's just there.

Paranoid Android is chief P&B Hertz jammy wearer who probably gets misty-eyed thinking back to the days of Levein winning nothing in a Hertz jersey in the '80s and '90s. There's a tonne of supporters like him to who Levein can do no wrong.

BoredomGuy is bang on the cash here.

Kwiss Maguire played in the Nations cup in 2011. Think that's the last one. Fakin' hell.

5 hours ago, GorgieRoad said:

I think the Romanov era has bread that arrogance, but I think should be looked at as a positive thing. I hate Rangers and Celtic in part because of the arrogance their fans and team have in being able to show up to any ground in Scotland and know they are going to win (Rangers less so now, of course) - but I think a winning attitude and arrogance goes hand in hand. I don't think any team in Scottish football will challenge Celtic unless they develop a bit of arrogance about them, Aberdeen have suffered from that in the past few years where they probably did have a team that could challenge Celtic but they faded away when it came to the crunch.

So I know fine well it comes across as arrogant and for the large part it does make us come across as arseholes, but I'd much, much rather have people hate us and fear us than walk all over us and it's the latter that's happening at the moment.

I actually agree with what you're getting at here. Good post.

Went to this expecting a good competitive game for a neutral. Turned out to be so easy for Aberdeen, without really getting into top gear. Hearts just looked like they were there to make up the numbers. The very DAB Cathro is clearly out his depth and Hearts pool of players just seem like random unknown pish. 

Good day out for the boys, but not good enough to stop them supporting the mighty Dee, the boys much prefer the atmosphere at Dens.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I get it fine. In no other country does the Director of Football tell the Head coach how to do things, nor do they go into the dressing room. At this stage, Cathro isn't even the head coach anymore, he's just there.

Except they do. Quite often.  As Derek Rae pointed out in commentary DOF's quite often even sit on the bench on the continent.

I'm not sure I feel comfortable with it but it depends on what's being said as well. If he's spotted something and pointed it out I don't see the harm in pointing it out. If it's outright instructions it's not of an issue.  It's the least concerning thing from today for me though, Levein has always done it since he came back and we've done ok.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Paranoid Android is chief P&B Hertz jammy wearer who probably gets misty-eyed thinking back to the days of Levein winning nothing in a Hertz jersey in the '80s and '90s. There's a tonne of supporters like him to who Levein can do no wrong.

Shut it, Paulo.

I've said many times on here that if Cathro is sacked, Levein should go too.

In fact, I'd rather Levein fucked off, and left Cathro to it.

That's not what's happening, though.

Also, I don't wear jammies.

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Too many foreign players and not enough British based players . Whatever happens to the players that got you promoted 

Too many foreign players and not enough British based players . Whatever happens to the players that got you promoted 

Aye, spot on. Our British core that got us promoted is away...Ozturk, Pallardo, Gomis, Sow, Zeefuik. Who gives a f**k where folk are from and how is it relevant?

That was very enjoyable and very easy yesterday, albeit Nicholson missed a sitter. Barring that, Hearts players did not turn up and were not up for the fight at all.

Our midfield ran all over the top of their one with Djoum, Walker and Tziolis all hiding, Don Cowie offering nothing to anyone. Goncalves started brightly but his output died as soon as Hearts lost the opener.

Ultimately we were better in every way. The football was better, made use of the wide areas far better and that was probably our easiest win since the Motherwell hammering.

King Kenny was fantastic as were Shinnie, Hayes, Logan and Jack. McGinn was dangerous with Struna and Sowah both struggling badly.

Hearts have lost the thing that made them Hearts - physicality and strong borderline dirty play. They were easily bullied which I have never seen in a Hearts team before. Cathro has made sweeping changes but they have not worked at all. While Neilson's team had flaws & shat the bed, they were far better than this gang.

Oh and Jayden Stockley - absolute idiot.

19 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Hearts have lost the thing that made them Hearts - physicality and strong borderline dirty play. They were easily bullied which I have never seen in a Hearts team before. Cathro has made sweeping changes but they have not worked at all. While Neilson's team had flaws & shat the bed, they were far better than this gang.

Spot on.

Levein had a team full of cloggers, under Romanov they had teams full of talented cloggers. Hearts are a team of cloggers who play on a tiny pitch.  Absolute madness to appoint a manager or head coach who wants to play football. Hearts play hoofball and they wont be competing for 2nd or 3rd until they revert back to their turgid-selves.

9 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

in what world does that matter ?

I would imagine that all of their players are british based as well as being foreign.
I expect you meant British nationals? If so, your point is both objectionable and frankly fucking nuts.

Archived