Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, virginton said:

We were far more dependent on loan signings last season, which is probably why the reputation has stuck. Nesbitt has been a good enough signing, but he has been fairly inconsistent over the course of the season and needs to work on his final ball. I think that we could actually upgrade if we prioritised that position in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Nesbitt back at the club either. He's not going to get a game for Celtic and I'm not sure whether he would get a regular game for a top-flight club. 

We can only keep hold of Lindsay (and probably Murdoch as well) by winning promotion IMO. 

I can't help feeling that 5 loan players at the same time is a heck of a lot. Wonder if we'll ever see a full team of loan players playing in the future.

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can't help feeling that 5 loan players at the same time is a heck of a lot. Wonder if we'll ever see a full team of loan players playing in the future.

Aw gawd.......Im gonna say this.....

If you cant beat them join them.... awaits Morton and perhaps Hibs saying thats correct

What I do mean is, what I have been banging the drum for years in that we dont abuse the loan market 

One loan player and a goalkeeper who hasnt been as good as last season, whereas probably everyclub in the division has an outfield player(s) making a difference.

I could be wrong but Mark Millar the last outfield loan player who made a difference for us

We said the same things under Moore and McInally. We'd usually get the odd loan player who done pretty well like McGowan or McLaren but then when there were injuries catching up with a fairly small squad we'd try playing strikers at right back and central defenders at left mid and all sorts of nonsense. Duffy's the opposite and just brings in someone on loan or a short term deal to do a job when needed.

I also don't know how Duffy manages it but his loan signings have all gave it a go when they're here. Sometimes ye get players coming down from the top flight, Old Firm especially, and they really can't be arsed doing the dirty work or putting the effort in and think they'll just glide through a match. Everyone Duffy's brought in has felt, and acted, like a Morton player as opposed to a Celtic/Aberdeen/Swansea/Etc. player here for a kickabout

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

We said the same things under Moore and McInally. We'd usually get the odd loan player who done pretty well like McGowan or McLaren but then when there were injuries catching up with a fairly small squad we'd try playing strikers at right back and central defenders at left mid and all sorts of nonsense. Duffy's the opposite and just brings in someone on loan or a short term deal to do a job when needed.

I also don't know how Duffy manages it but his loan signings have all gave it a go when they're here. Sometimes ye get players coming down from the top flight, Old Firm especially, and they really can't be arsed doing the dirty work or putting the effort in and think they'll just glide through a match. Everyone Duffy's brought in has felt, and acted, like a Morton player as opposed to a Celtic/Aberdeen/Swansea/Etc. player here for a kickabout

Thats sounds a lot like Barrie McKay :angel

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Makes sense to loan players, a lot of players sign 1 year contracts anyway so what's the difference to a 1 year loan deal? 

On top of that it looks like Lindsay's having a great time at Cappielow, as is Nesbitt, and I think both have another year left on their deals at Celtic. If Celtic don't offer them a new deal and release them in a year's time there's little chance Morton could compete financially with teams in the lower of the Premiership as it stands but having already played here and enjoyed themselves they might look at that over a short term increase to their finances.

Out of interest how many players "on loan" from Kaunus did Hearts have at one point?

Wiki says they had 12 players on loan 2006/07

Archived