Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

30 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Great post. I too was in the 'Duffy Out' camp and he's completely changed my mind. Fair play to him as many have questioned him during his time at the club.

Aye, as one of the most vocal of those wanting Duffy out I'm delighted to now be showering him with praise. This team is so likeable.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Not thousands go but thousands of the many armchair old firm fans.

We never got going last night, didn't use the width as we had previously, not creating an out ball resulting in big Humph up the park, in hindsight Miller maybe the better sub than McHugh.

One out of four midfielder turned up, probably due to Mortons work rate, they had two sometimes three players on Kerr and Taiwo and we had no one creating an angle for a pass.

A poor result for us, I don't think we deserved the defeat but putting the ball in the pokey is all that matters, something we came close to but not close enough to doing.

2nd still doable but the balls in Mortons court now and they now have the remote outside chance of higher, but pts on board are always worth more than games in hand.

I must admit I was delighted and puzzled when I saw Hippolyte wasn't in the starting 11.

1 minute ago, Tetragrammaton said:

I must admit I was delighted and puzzled when I saw Hippolyte wasn't in the starting 11.

2-0 away to QoS, 4-1 away Ayr wins without him with the first one down to suspension answers why. Sibbald had a great game at QoS wide left, good game week after and again was the one midfielder who turned up last night.

Houstie does tend to keep the same 11 if playing well, another minor(ish) factor is being without Houstue on the bench last night. He is as animated, barking instructions to the players from the dug as Duffy is to Morton. I know Houstie went down late in 2nd half, but he was on the bench, not finger pointing or barking instructions. Our bench was rather timid without him.

37 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

The vast majority of Morton fans were not only in the "Duffy Out" camp, but also wanted rid of the board and most/all of the players. The pelters that anyone got for disagreeing with the lynch mob was disgraceful as well. 

I wonder where Morton would be today had the majority got their way?

You also have to wonder what would have happened if we all decided to happy clap our way through our mediocre start and piss poor performances at Ayr and Queens Park. 

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

You also have to wonder what would have happened if we all decided to happy clap our way through our mediocre start and piss poor performances at Ayr and Queens Park. 

"happy clap"? I saw potential in the team and was willing to give the manager time to bed the players in.

3 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

"happy clap"? I saw potential in the team and was willing to give the manager time to bed the players in.

Following on from the Hamilton and killie results Id say everyone saw the same potential. However losing to Ayr and Queens Park and in the manner that we did prompted a negative reaction from some fans (myself included)  which was well deserved. You could argue that this resulted in Duffy taking action to address failings in the squad and fair play to him for doing so and the players for kicking on from there.

59 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

Why? Because you lost.im sure this thread would be going on strong if you lot had have won emoji1.png

Was a good thread up until that VT fella totally killed any sort of banter between the sides.

Nae issues with the loss, made that pretty clear in the earlier pages...

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Following on from the Hamilton and killie results Id say everyone saw the same potential. However losing to Ayr and Queens Park and in the manner that we did prompted a negative reaction from some fans (myself included)  which was well deserved. You could argue that this resulted in Duffy taking action to address failings in the squad and fair play to him for doing so and the players for kicking on from there.

I understood the "negative reaction", but I felt it was way over the top. In regards to the Ayr and Queens results. This was after the Hibs debacle and I was getting concerned, although I was glad to be out of the Challenge cup. I hate that tournament and would be glad to see the back of it.

Anyway just after those results we started to find our form and the rest is history. For the past few weeks I've became more and more optimistic that we can go on and win this league. I could live with 2nd spot though. Maybe, just maybe, come May 7 we'll be nursing a monumental, post title winning hangover? The thing is, Morton are in a position that they need no help from any other team. We are in charge of our own destiny!

4 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

The thing is, Morton are in a position that they need no help from any other team. We are in charge of our own destiny!

Yep. Win our remaining games and we win the league :)

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I suppose the main worry for morton will be how they are going to replace their loan players next season  whatever league their inespecially Nesbitt and lindsay who have been excellent.

It could be down to what league we're in. As good a they are, I don't see much future for either at cellic.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I suppose the main worry for morton will be how they are going to replace their loan players next season  whatever league their inespecially Nesbitt and lindsay who have been excellent.

Absolutely. Lindsay and Nesbitt have been brilliant and realistically we have no chance of getting them at the club permanently. Murdoch is only signed up until the end of the season and he's another who I'd love to see sign an extension but I'd be shocked if bigger clubs than us don't offer him a deal.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Will depend on money when it comes down to it and how much Morton can pay them.

Will depend on what length of contract they have at celtic I suppose. Possibly a loan move down south would suit them next season and give them a chance at a higher level to see what they can do. I suppose at 20 and 21 if they haven't got near the celtic first team they aren't going too now.

Was a good thread up until that VT fella totally killed any sort of banter between the sides.
Nae issues with the loss, made that pretty clear in the earlier pages...

Crystal [emoji184]

Morton really rue their slow start - 3 points from our first five league games.  Falkirk are not much better with 4? from their first 5.   If you take the league table after those five games, Morton would top the league with Falkirk second.  Over the last 10 games, both clubs have averaged 2.10 points per game - the best in the league by a margin but not good enough to catch Hibs who have averaged 1.90.  It could, however, rest on how Morton do in their two games against them.

I wonder how distracted Hibs players are by their cup semi?

17 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Morton really rue their slow start - 3 points from our first five league games.  Falkirk are not much better with 4? from their first 5.   If you take the league table after those five games, Morton would top the league with Falkirk second.  Over the last 10 games, both clubs have averaged 2.10 points per game - the best in the league by a margin but not good enough to catch Hibs who have averaged 1.90.  It could, however, rest on how Morton do in their two games against them.

Interesting post.

And re your last point I know I always feel distracted with a semi.

1 hour ago, Tonsilitis said:

It's never over until the fat lady sings! :D

Archived