Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

Really poor - no intensity. But fair play to Morton, wouldn't fancy our chances against them over 2 legs in the play offs. Even on a bad day Sibbald is a cut above any other Falkirk player.

Whilst he's not to blame for the loss... I would love someone to tell me what Bob McHugh actually does?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

That's football fans though eh? Remember standing at hampden and listening to neanderthals slating Kenny Dalglish playing for Scotland. Falkirk fans slagging latapy for not tracking back enough etc

Need to own up here...I frequently mouthed off at Dalglish (Scotland) in his early years....:rolleyes:

Great result for the Ton.

It's a pity St Mirren are in a bit of form now as the level of #scenes resulting from Morton beating the DABs, Falkirk again and getting promoted in the same season Saints are cunted into the seaside leagues would be almost incalculable.

Genuinely can't believe a falkirk fan said we played for a draw!

Brilliant time to pick up our first 3 points against a top 4 side. If we can go to Easter road and do the same, then who knows!

Dire performance from us especially in the second half. First half we played some decent stuff and got into some great positions but the final ball was atrocious. Second half we were way short of where we should be. Game always looked like being won by a single goal that would come from a mistake and up stepped Mr craigen with a total mind blank moment. Thought Kerr was very poor and Kidd still does very little for me.  Should've had miller on instead of mchugh. Game was very scrappy and there wasn't a lot in it but we as the home team needed to do far more. Our home form since the DU game has cost us second place unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I was a big Blair Alston fan. Not all falkirk fans appreciated him till he left though.

It's been highlighted by the fact neither craigen or aird combined are going to get near his goal tally of last season.

22 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Great result for the Ton.

It's a pity St Mirren are in a bit of form now as the level of #scenes resulting from Morton beating the DABs, Falkirk again and getting promoted in the same season Saints are cunted into the seaside leagues would be almost incalculable.

Great post.

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Just Superb Morton......Apart from our wonderful Kudus's goal what I really enjoyed was seeing wee Aidan 'strip' Craigen twice...thereby getting Craigen a yellow card and then totally bamboozling him again to cross for Kudus to score....fekin glorious!

Nice...

Partick-Thistle-v-Morton.jpg.7fadc79ee87aea3b1fdc296c3ca9902a.jpg

58cda7b5672fe_download(2).jpg.74a24438e4e274298c78f83048d9d432.jpg

1 hour ago, thelocalcat said:

Thought the same with Kerr & Taiwo. Morton pressed hell out of them, neither had the quick feet to deal with it. I think if the finishing 11 had been the starting 11 we may have taken something from the game.

I think our midfield pairing of Murdoch and Lindsay is the reason we've had a very decent so far. Genuinely never seen 2 players in our midfield work their hoop off as much as they do. Also helps that they're very good with the ball at their feet as well. 

A joy to watch. 

Well done morton. Only consolation for me, a bit like the Scottish cup game is that we absolutely got the starting 11 wrong again. Hippo Muirhead and miller should all be playing. Aird baird and Kidd should be subs and kerr and Taiwo together gives them to much respect. 8 games against morton and hibs this season and we've lost 4 and drawn 4.

Don't agree on Aird. He and Kidd kept the Celtic lad quiet and he didn't get a cross in all day till Aird went off. Craigen just didn't get close. Cross in goal.

Archived