ITS THE FINAL 1/4 UNLESS UR QOS

18 minutes ago, Flash said:

Celtic will get 13.4% for winning the Premiership, more than all the Championship teams combined.

But somewhat less than they would have got in the old separate SPL. Top spot lost prize money to redistribute to the Championship on merger. 2nd spot lost even more.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

But somewhat less than they would have got in the old separate SPFL. Top spot lost prize money to redistribute to the Championship on merger. 2nd spot lost even more.

I know.

The Premiership clubs still take the vast majority of the income - 85.25% compared with about 12% to the Championship. I appreciate that Championship clubs get far more than they used to under the SFL. I guess that was the price the SPL had to pay to acquire the SFL.

I think as far as unfairness goes you won't get a better example than had Falkirk beat Killie in May Killie would've picked up somewhere around 1.5M for being relegated whilst we pick up £400k for getting promoted.

Shite season - rewarded.

Amazing season - here's a tenner 

5 hours ago, Dr Watson said:

Quarter Final - 10th & 13th May 

Semi Final - 17th & 20th May

Final - 25th & 28th May

The Final will be rescheduled due to Hibs participation in both that and the Scottish Cup final.

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I don't like teams that lie down and give up. Thank you.

And I don't like teams that go into administration twice in a decade by dodging taxes but there we go.

Guest Flash
9 hours ago, Flash said:

The difference between 3rd and 4th is 0.3% of the SPFL commercial revenue (1.6% compared with 1.3%)

The difference between 5th and 7th is 0.15% of the SPFL commercial revenue (1% compared with 0.85%)

Winners of the Championship get 2.25%. Bottom of the Premiership get 4.5%, plus a parachute of £300,000 the next season and £125,000 the following season.

Celtic will get 13.4% for winning the Premiership, more than all the Championship teams combined.

Had a quick look at the SPFL accounts for 2016. They paid out about £25m, I'm assuming the vast majority of that was to the clubs.

So, 3rd in the Championship will get about £400,000 in prize money and 4th will get about £325,000.

5th will get about £250,000 and 7th about £212,500.

Winners of the Championship get £562,500 and bottom of the Premiership get £1,425,000.

Second in the Championship get £475,000 and second bottom of the Premiership get £1,187,500 which rises to £1,687,500 if they lose the play-off final.

Celtic will get £3,350,000.

Hibernian

Morton

Falkirk

Dundee United 

Queen of the South

Dunfermline 

Dumbarton 

Raith Rovers

St Mirren

Ayr United 

I can't see us finishing us second to be honest. Morton showed more against us in the cup game than any other team that have played us all season, especially in the second half. I'd be much more worried about meeting them in the play-offs than Dundee United. 

Hamilton are an absolute rabble who got sworded by a much weaker Morton team in the League Cup, and Inverness evidently aren't any better than them. Both of them are likely to go down this season. 

Hibernian 

Falkirk

Dundee United ( Play off Winners)

Morton

Dunfermline

QOTS

Dumbarton

Raith

St Mirren ( Relegation Play off Winners)

Ayr

As much as DU have been terrible recently, I think they will pick up and go on and win the play offs, with ICT and Hamilton both coming down. It will make for a very competitive Championship next season.

Hope I'm wrong right enough.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Had a quick look at the SPFL accounts for 2016. They paid out about £25m, I'm assuming the vast majority of that was to the clubs.

So, 3rd in the Championship will get about £400,000 in prize money and 4th will get about £325,000.

5th will get about £250,000 and 7th about £212,500.

Winners of the Championship get £562,500 and bottom of the Premiership get £1,425,000.

Second in the Championship get £475,000 and second bottom of the Premiership get £1,187,500 which rises to £1,687,500 if they lose the play-off final.

Celtic will get £3,350,000.

Your numbers are all a bit high.Presumably the total payout will also include the League Cup and Challenge Cup prize funds (and any parachute payments).

1 hour ago, Flash said:

This bit is particularly galling. What a shite distribution.

Archived