Queens V St Mirren

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuinely refreshing to see a St Mirren thread continue three days after a game because people are talking about football, and not just because we're being trolled by the same one or two Morton fans.

All vT's self induced coma wanks over on the "St Mirren relegation express" thread will have been for nothing if you guys stay up!

7 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Meaning less than 1200 home fans. This is a worry. I can't see us getting any more for the remaining home games either given our recent poor run of results and performances!!!

The home support was disappointing on Saturday although it was no doubt as usual hit by Scotland playing rugby at the same time. We reckon we lose about 100 home fans whenever we clash with a Scotland rugby match.

Good thing we've got a board in place striving to provide various new revenue streams so we aren't as reliant on match day income.

As is always the case the crowds will come when the product on the park is of a good standard. Alas that's something that looks a long way off.

Must be a real concern for Queens the drop in the home support .......

I always thought we had a hardcore support of around 1500 but that now looks to be a very generous estimate.

Me and my 2 sons chose not to attend this weekend. That was partly down to the rugby being on the tv, the weather, the standard of football on show, the players having apparently downed tools for the rest of the season and my sons having more fun having a play date with their pals!

Had recent results and performances been better then I would have had no hesitation in going along to the match. I'm sure there are many more like me. Be interesting to see the home crowds for the last 3 games now that the 6 nations has finished!!!!

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Good thing we've got a board in place striving to provide various new revenue streams so we aren't as reliant on match day income.

As is always the case the crowds will come when the product on the park is of a good standard. Alas that's something that looks a long way off.

Pity the board can't manage both off field revenues and getting things right on the playing side.

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Pity the board can't manage both off field revenues and getting things right on the playing side.

Maybe this summer they will make some better signings. 

I always thought we had a hardcore support of around 1500 but that now looks to be a very generous estimate.

Me and my 2 sons chose not to attend this weekend. That was partly down to the rugby being on the tv, the weather, the standard of football on show, the players having apparently downed tools for the rest of the season and my sons having more fun having a play date with their pals!

Had recent results and performances been better then I would have had no hesitation in going along to the match. I'm sure there are many more like me. Be interesting to see the home crowds for the last 3 games now that the 6 nations has finished!!!!

We're still actually averaging 1,500 HOME fans ( 1,512 ) with an average of 406 AWAY fans

A seasons average of 1,918 after 15 league games ......

" The home support was disappointing on Saturday " says SD. 
I wonder why, surely not just the rugby ?
Could it be, in some strange way, linked to the disappointing football that has been produced recently ?

Probably more to do with the fact that many feel the season is pretty meaningless now and would rather spend their Saturday's doing something else. We could be playing like Barcelona and our attendances wouldn't be much better. What was our average under Johnston and the Cup Final year? We played some great football those seasons yet I'd wager a fair amount our attendances averaged way below 3,000*. The fact of the matter is we have a town full of people who really don't deserve to have a football club as they clearly don't give a shit. They'd sooner be armchair fans of the Bigot Brothers. We'll never be a well supported club unfortunately and I'm glad our BOD seem to realise this and have put in place sources of income from elsewhere.

* Even in the league below if you were to give the away attendances as a typical Championship away attendance rather than the small supports brought by League 1 teams, I'd imagine it'd still be comfortably less.

Totally agree re, the 12/13 season.  That is the most consistently attacking, exciting football I have ever seen us play yet the attendances were very, very poor.  I'm guessing the average was around 15/1600 through the League season and even for a double winning team for the trophy presentation we managed around 2,500 which is 4,000 less than the previous occasion.  Most Clubs have lost fans in that time though.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably more to do with the fact that many feel the season is pretty meaningless now and would rather spend their Saturday's doing something else. 

Well in that case, hats off to the current playing and managerial staff.

Right now they're doing their very best to ensure that our remaining games become extremely meaningful.

Archived